• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ANOTHER Herringbone email today. Mid season sale.

Got it too. It's sad when there are mid season sales for a season that hasn't really started yet. Even here in Canberra, the coldest of the capitals the first month of Autumn is really just an extension of summer. That's why I don't release new stuff until it's actually needed these days, because even with the advent of online shopping and increasing awareness of menswear through sites like SF, guys buy for right now by and large not 3 months down the track.

Nolvadex

Reaction score

Thanks very much Nabil, and hears hoping. I am so content with my wardrobe and the direction it is heading.

Thank you ever so much Gerry!  That's the plan with my wardrobe, I can see where it's heading and am buying clothes I can wear now and later.
Do you want me to call all the cousins?

You don't sort out the Stallion of Steeze, he sorts out you.

It's not australian at all, and I hate to say it but that's an unattractive tie.

Ugly tie? Sounds pretty aussie to me

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's why I don't release new stuff until it's actually needed these days, because even with the advent of online shopping and increasing awareness of menswear through sites like SF, guys buy for right now by and large not 3 months down the track.

The old approach of selling way ahead of season is an anachronistic link the women's fashion calendar. Very stupid.

Herringbone have their winter cords, that they are now discounting. Crazy.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the Macquarie?

Don't like them sans pull tabs, but that's just me. Each to their own.

Prefer the pointed toe. Fair enough, I just didn't want the pull tab sticking out at the front. I have my pants cut fairly short so It's just a precaution.

cemi1988

Reaction score
What is causing the pain exactly in the heel? Too tight? Rubbing? Sometimes using conditioner on the inside of the heel can make for a more comfortable ride.

Thanks for your response.

I think the pain is being caused because the heel of the shoe is very, very rigid. Certainly moreso than any other of my work shoes.

I think that it may be just a matter of wearing them until the leather begins to soften/stretch. But it's gotten to the point where I've taken them off for today and reverted to another pair of shoes.

I will try the conditioner when I get home.

I also bought two pairs, so I have double the fun to look forward to!

Last edited:

iSurg

Reaction score
Regarding different prescriptions/glasses, it takes a few seconds to accommodate, and gives your a feeling of eyestrain. To the guy swimming with contact lenses in, you are playing with fire and it will be only a matter of time before the eye and ear hospital treats you for a contact lens keratitis. Get scripted goggles. Refractive surgery is a good thought but comes with it's risks and consequences...

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your response.

I think the pain is being caused because the heel of the shoe is very, very rigid. Certainly moreso than any other of my work shoes.

I think that it may be just a matter of wearing them until the leather begins to soften/stretch. But it's gotten to the point where I've taken them off for today and reverted to another pair of shoes.

I will try the conditioner when I get home.

I also bought two pairs, so I have double the fun to look forward to!

Wurger, G Nelson et al might be able to provide more insight.

I recall a friend had problems wearing in some Meermins as well.

Forensick

Reaction score
Saw Fiona from F.T Russell the other day about a wedding suit. Really happy so far.
has anyone else used her, reviews? pics?

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding different prescriptions/glasses, it takes a few seconds to accommodate, and gives your a feeling of eyestrain. To the guy swimming with contact lenses in, you are playing with fire and it will be only a matter of time before the eye and ear hospital treats you for a contact lens keratitis. Get scripted goggles. Refractive surgery is a good thought but comes with it's its risks and consequences...

I really hope this is one of the risk/consequences/risky consequences.

edit: also fixed that grammar for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads