• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im married, got a kid and not afraid to wear pink .. in fact they are actually a tomato red but i had to compensate for the light so it washed it out. Weird or not these are airmax 90's and released actually in '87/'88 and i could never afford them when I was a kid so im indulging now:)
Sorry Robert, this blew out of context.

At times I have been gushing in how much I like some of your pieces - that has been genuine. Your P Johnson suits, pocket squares, shoes, shirts and loafer combinations have been excellent. In fact, where I can afford it, I have tried to get some pieces from the same brands. If your objective was not to inspire, than I don't know what it is. This appreciation has lead to a disastrous forum joke.

I did however, err at the pop-overs. So it isn't completely lob sided.

What I should have said was: it will be interesting to see what you wear these Nikes with and how you wear them. You generally post information and pictures about suiting related material - hence the surprise.

My apologies.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in NZ.

Girls are pretty here, and it's cold enough to wear real clothes.

:)

jobro

Reaction score
I have to be realistic - I'm on my feet all day, between the office, courts, ****** lunches etc. Leather soles are going to be brutalised. My main thing is I'm looking at the Loake Buckingham as a mainstay which doesn't seem to have a dainite version :(
Those Loakes quoted look like my Carmina captoes. Anyone know how they fit? I need some new Dainites (im anti-topy and yes i refuse to topy and no I dont want a debate) Just copped these AirMax 90's yesterday for the SW&D fans.. the menswear fans can eye-ball one level of the brown side of my shoe rack in the background
lol8%5B1%5D.gif
I have a couple of pairs of infareds, here are my first.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im married, got a kid and not afraid to wear pink .. in fact they are actually a tomato red but i had to compensate for the light so it washed it out. Weird or not these are airmax 90's and released actually in '87/'88 and i could never afford them when I was a kid so im indulging now:)

Here's some stock pictures of the Air Max 90s that show the colour a little better:

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Heads up fellas - new Herringbone ties are made in Italy once more (no more Tunisia) with higher quality silk. This is confirmed from the Chatswood Chase store's manager (who also happens to be a really nice fellow). Newer stock includes more 8cm ties also.

I got gifted a Bulgari 7-fold recently. Beautiful tie - bit expensive at retail though (checked out the Bvg. boutique on Castlereagh at lunch a couple days ago), at 300 bucks roughly. I wonder if there's anywhere you could find 'em cheaper... 

I've got a couple of Bulgari ties that were presents from my wife and they are lovely ties - a bit flashy, perhaps, but really beautiful silk and excellent construction.

You can pick them up more cheaply on the 'Bay from time to time, and Bulgari also has some patterns/colours on sale from time to time. I've seen them as low as $130 (I think) in the Bulgari concession, and you can get BNWT (brand new with tags) Bulgari ties on eBay for $100 or perhaps even less - just make sure that the seller has good feedback etc.

Showing my age, perhaps, but I had a pair of those Air Max III sneakers in high school, along with a pair of Air Max Triax shoes, a pair of Huaraches and a pair of Nike ACG Mowabbs. The Mowabbs and Huaraches were great - the best activity sneakers that I've had until Nike brought out the integrated-sock Free 3.0 shoes a year or two ago.

Neither of the Air Max sneakers were so good - for some reason the foam soles on both the Air Max IIIs and the Air Max Triax sneakers started to disintegrate in less than a year and the gas leaked out of the soles.

Nicholas D C

Reaction score
I've got a couple of Bulgari ties that were presents from my wife and they are lovely ties - a bit flashy, perhaps, but really beautiful silk and excellent construction.

You can pick them up more cheaply on the 'Bay from time to time, and Bulgari also has some patterns/colours on sale from time to time. I've seen them as low as $130 (I think) in the Bulgari concession, and you can get BNWT (brand new with tags) Bulgari ties on eBay for $100 or perhaps even less - just make sure that the seller has good feedback etc.

Thanks for the info =].

Yeah the Bulgari range is quite varied - there are some very flashy/loud patterns and some very nice loud-ish colours with elegant patterns (these are the ones I quite like). Here's my one - I fondly refer to it as the lil' alien pattern:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Romp,wait till I get back. Or Meister might butt in and get you while I'm away re to topy.

We gotta fight for our right to topy ...........

No sleep til shinjuku .......

Keepin it real in shibuya..

Sayonara

PS I'm collecting photos of girl bands in Japan to lure blah man back.

You need to get real and get on that new *** shoes thread and get amongst the quality fxh IMO of course.

The Topy War is being won I suspect and my selfless commitment to SF OH&S goes on unabated.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here's some stock pictures of the Air Max 90s that show the colour a little better:
Thanks although mine have a aged yellow sole for vintage effect ;) I have heaps of suits etc that I love. But sometimes I just want a ripped shirt, jeans and a pair of fun shoes on an off day.. #Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads