• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah sorry Nabil, I should have followed up. I got lukewarm interest so I just let it go. If you do get some, i'd like to try some.

Count me in mate!

It'll be chilly, so we can spruik our latest knitwear :).

Why don't we go to Rockpool and share a steak tartare like PoP and Jaypee do on the weekend?

I dunno if rockpool was a joke but that sounds good to me

Bought a pair of Carminas last night ...

Solid! - these double soled?

Too kind, sir.

Mine would be these: http://www.crockettandjones.com/Product/Hallam-Darkbrown-Wax#.UVtfBJNHJos (wearing them right now)

Waxed calf, Dainite rubber sole - keeps the wet weather at bay.

I'm not too fussed with the Sydney rain and its effect on shoes; just a brush down after getting home, and stuffing it with newspaper if it really gets bad/wet. All good the next day.

Having said that, though, I've been considering some formal shell cordovan options in black and dark brown.
Wow didnt know Hallam came in a dainite sole - i need dainite .. just threw my last pair out

charliechan

Reaction score
Stacked it hard on the pavement today, in Syd conservative business dress. Ego was bruised more than anything (suit is OK)..
Looks like I'll have to start topy-ing some of my beater shoes...

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, Romp, the version sold by The Armoury have a double leather sole (although Carmina's double leather is significantly more elegant and less clunky than Alden). I bought mine from Carmina directly and they have a single leather sole. I could well be wrong and it's not something I asked to have confirmed prior to ordering as the Rain last is elegant to me so the single/double won't make a huge difference to me.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, Romp, the version sold by The Armoury have a double leather sole (although Carmina's double leather is significantly more elegant and less clunky than Alden). I bought mine from Carmina directly and they have a single leather sole. I could well be wrong and it's not something I asked to have confirmed prior to ordering as the Rain last is elegant to me so the single/double won't make a huge difference to me.

Rain last all day, err' day.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a bit quiet on the posting front lately, everyones favourite orange tie to brighten a grey day in Canberra -

Coat: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter
Trousers: HY light grey flannel
Shoes: Carmina

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught up with Gerry yesterday. Was great. Looking forward to the Henry Carter trunk show now :)

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Caught up with Gerry yesterday. Was great. Looking forward to the Henry Carter trunk show now :)

Damn Gerry. Never fails to make me feel underdressed and lazy (with those well shone shoes).

Melbourne weather a little cool now, so finally get a chance to wear my grey cashmere tie from Drakes (still a bit too hot but getting there).

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stacked it hard on the pavement today, in Syd conservative business dress. Ego was bruised more than anything (suit is OK)..
Looks like I'll have to start topy-ing some of my beater shoes...

Is that another win for me in my fight to Topy the world's shoes?

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught up with Gerry yesterday. Was great. Looking forward to the Henry Carter trunk show now
smile.gif

I agree - really enjoyed myself. We paid a visit to Huxtaburger II in the conservative business dress and I wasn't disappointed - great burger!

Damn Gerry. Never fails to make me feel underdressed and lazy (with those well shone shoes).

Melbourne weather a little cool now, so finally get a chance to wear my grey cashmere tie from Drakes (still a bit too hot but getting there).

Yeah, yeah! You already set the bar that I'm trying to reach.

Today:

Suit: Benjamin
Shirt :Borrelli
Cardigan: Uniqlo
Tie: Polo
PS: Rubinacci
Shoes: C&J

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just bought a jacket - been searching for an M65 for a while.. this isnt an M65 but similar with a hood

Its La Panoplie and looks like this one on the left.. it has upper pockets that you cant see in this pic which are diagonal zips and it has pockets under the bottom ones for hands to fit in and also has metal hardware at the neckline which is a cool detail

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ nice one!!

The real reason Gerry enjoyed dinner was because, as we were leaving, three women in line to order said, "Ooh, nice suit" as he passed.

I witnessed it with my two eyes and two convex lenses. Was incredible.

eightace

Reaction score
Called them up
Couldn't understand half of what the lady said
But I heard they have McQueen for 239 isn't that the cheaper line
I dropped in 30 mins ago, they have at least one pair of 1880's for $195, and at least one other for $199.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and pretty sure one of them looked like Claudia Schiffer in her prime. Which is pretty much always, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads