• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spandexter

Reaction score
Today's gear. Second time not wearing a suit to work. Comments included 'What's going on here? Are you off to the Long Room (a bar in the conservative business dress for the non Melbournians) or something?' and 'I don't think blue and grey go together'.
confused.gif

Isaia
Barba
Drakes
HY
AS
(no PS today)

I'm not 100% ok with the HY pants (brushed twill) simply because they are more textured than I was expecting and the jacket appears to have quite open quarters - what is the cause of this? The buttoning point? It doesn't seem that high when I look in the mirror but these photos seem to suggest otherwise.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My comment was really more about the fabric but I don't agree with you about the fit. It's cut on the slim side rather than parachutesque, but I wouldn't say too tight. Maybe too tight for some, but it's within the spectrum IMO. The bit of overhang of fabric over the trousers indicates he can certainly breathe or have a big lunch if he wants to...

And if you have a look at the link CEP posted most of the shirts modelled on a real person are cut similar; none are what I would call "too tight".
I agree completely with you Pop. The shirt is actually cut quite well, imo.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking good Lennier. Look forward to seeing shots of you and CHECKstar by Tommy Ton at Pitti next.
Dennis looks excellent.

I can't believe Andrew is Checkstar. Was not expecting that.

Lennier as Nathan looks good too.

All look very smart.

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Gents can I get some quick opinions?

Going to an afternoon wedding tomorrow with an evening reception. I'm thinking of an Italian background look, and will be wearing dark brown suit and a royal blue grenadine tie. For the shirt, I can't decide between solid white or solid pale blue. Thoughts?

I'm voting white.. I think you may end up with too many blues

Ps I spy an o&j bouttoniere in those Kimber pics:)

And shirt looks tad tight to me too.. But it may be the magic eye fabric

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dennis looks excellent.

I can't believe Andrew is Checkstar. Was not expecting that.

Lennier as Nathan looks good too.

All look very smart.

A few crossed wires there Mr Sy but never mind. All in all there was some fine dressing last night, not least by the Aus Members crowd.

Oh and CD white for the wedding for mine, just a little more formal. Though I like fxh suggestion best.

Last edited:

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few crossed wires there Mr Sy but never mind. All in all there was some fine dressing last night, not least by the Aus Members crowd.

Oh and CD white for the wedding for mine, just a little more formal. Though I like fxh suggestion best.
Sorry Pink.

I have never pm'ed or spoken to either, so that is just from putting together what other people have said! I could be wrong. If I can work it out, anyone can. It is like being shot for pointing out the elephant in the room! Anyway, I think it is worthwhile complimenting people where it is due.

Pissing off a lot of people lately. Such is the characteristic of the righteous.

Liked your pink and white socks a few pages back. Wanted to say it there and then but it didn't warrant its own post :).

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry Pink.

I have never pm'ed or spoken to either, so that is just from putting together what other people have said! I could be wrong. If I can work it out, anyone can. It is like being shot for pointing out the elephant in the room! Anyway, I think it is worthwhile complimenting people where it is due.

Pissing off a lot of people lately. Such is the characteristic of the righteous.

Liked your pink and white socks a few pages back. Wanted to say it there and then but it didn't warrant its own post :).

Praise for pink socks def warrants its own post.

I was not criticising, just saying that you have not quite got it right. Not going name anyone as I have no idea how much they would like to be know of themselves. All well and good for people you have met in real life.

I for one tend not to reveal too much of my identity (actually Christian keep jokingly referring to me as Batman for this) but that just me. Quite like just being able to discuss clothing without all my details being known.

Others, (Nice Guy Gerry, thebrownman, Jason, Romp come to mind) are all dashing enough (or not so paranoid) to photographs of themselves. Even you using your real name...actually I am really called Pink Socks.

Anyway, leave the (bespoke linen with patch pockets) masks on. But feel free to take your socks off (except when fxh is around, show some respect!).

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A late plunge on white, but too late because I've already packed. So pale blue it is.

Sorting through my cufflink collection I found my late dad's gold and opal links. I'll wear them, so he can be represented at his grand-daughter's big day.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A late plunge on white, but too late because I've already packed. So pale blue it is.

Sorting through my cufflink collection I found my late dad's gold and opal links. I'll wear them, so he can be represented at his grand-daughter's big day.

Lovely sentiment. I wore my grandfather's watch on wedding day (and at other important family events) for the same reason.

Blue will look great too and if it does not call fxh and he will bring you a freshly ironed white one.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely idea, CD.

I hope that everything goes well and that you have great weather for the wedding.

For what it's worth, I'd for with the pale blue shirt, too.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PinkSocks said I may be dashing. Best. Day. Ever.

PS looked legit last night. In my vernacular, that's synonymous with "very good", not 'legitimate'. How could he ever be legitimate, he's Scottish, after all.

No, really, launch last night was good fun. For those Melbournites who weren't in attendance, you really missed out on an enjoyable evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads