• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For outerwear, I get by with the following:

1) Tan mac for balmy to cool rainy days

2) Navy overcoat when it gets cold or cold and rainy

3) Navy windbreaker for casual wear on cool, but not cold days

4) Reversible (navy leather and tan suede) A-1 bomber jacket for casual wear on cold days

Weather never gets thaaaat cold in Sydney, so no flannel etc for me.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

now this is where a gun flap on a trench comes in handy either that or a towel sown on to the shoulder

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.

Sounds perfectly appropriate, Jason.

Have a good time there!

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have seen them Romp, price was my key issue but then Aspesi is upwards of $500 AUD...

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Have seen them Romp, price was my key issue but then Aspesi is upwards of $500 AUD...
exactly - and id be prepared to pay 500 for aspesi .. not so much for suitsupply

maybe $300ish

The cotton/linen and the summer coat at bottom had my interest

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
just saw herringbones AW13 lookbook .. not loving it :(

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went through a stage for around 5 years with little kids where I'd be at work sniffing my shoulders all morning and swearing I could smell kid spew. Became a nervous tic and I would smell the smell on reflex even when it wasn't there.

Pro tip: Carry a large clean hankie and throw it over shoulder when you carry kid.

No charge for advice this time.
Consider it a combined wedding/kid birth present.

charliechan

Reaction score
The Circular Quay store has a mannequin dressed in a dark green jacket / pastel green trouser outfit. Looks very nice but not exactly a subtle look.

burnso

Reaction score
New. Rapt...

Cheaney Hudson (Espresso)

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah had a quick squiz on the website and there new stuff. A nice dark green moleskin looking SC but otherwise not much. Ties still look awful and overpriced. Sadly I think there direction is moving away from what a lot of us like them for.

P.S collar gap galore on the campaign on the website

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads