• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks GF. I am on the edge of a slippery slope, dwelving into perfumes.  Leading me into all sorts of trouble with names like Kurkdjian, Parfumerie Generale, L'Artisan Parfumier, Caron, Histoires de Parfums etc.  I reckon there is a PhD thesis in this. 

I feel your pain. I'm also getting into trouble with Tauer, Lutens, Montale, Etat Libre d'Orange, MDCI, Killian etc.

All I can suggest is you avoid the scent/fragrance of the day thread at all costs.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watch anything that will take my money..

Quade Cooper is up V Jones..

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are the colours on the Kimber boots:
- Blue
- Red
- Green
- Light tan
- ?????

I have the snuff and think they are great. Nice Guy Gerry has the grey which looked really good too (darker than they showed up in photographs). I think my second favourite is the navy.

I'm a lover not a fighter.

New socks arrived today. Thanks again. For anyone who has not bought from Henry Carter I am going to again recommend them. Good quality products, decent price, fast delivery and a nice hand written note.

Also, my Sunspel order I placed at the end of November finally showed up after being resent.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grey^ Guys I'm stuck for winter casual wear; as I don't really have any shirts for winter casual besides my year round wear. I'm thinking of picking up a chambray shirt (a few?) in maybe a white or any form of blue (pale to navy); who would you reccomend? I'm thinking of biting the bullet and paying for this: BRxSC (bit steep I know T_T) and also trying to get one made in a white/grey chambray by Luxire (anyone know what the buttons used on most work shirts are made of? e.g. the BRxSC). Also will get one more shirt for winter casual (have none so splurging) thinking flannel; what other materials would you reccomend. Thanks in advance :)
Have a look at the LL Bean sale I picked up a good flannelette shirt and a new pair of corduroy trousers earlier today.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have a look at the LL Bean sale I picked up a good flannelette shirt and a new pair of corduroy trousers earlier today.

Thanks; liking the look of the chamois shirts :) Keep em coming!

Edit: Just saw the O&J chambray popover....MINE!

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks; liking the look of the chamois shirts :) Keep em coming!

Edit: Just saw the O&J chambray popover....MINE!

No joke here you better be quick - ever since Graeme wore his I've been swamped in people asking how to get it. I haven't had the chance to get photos done yet and worried I'm going to sell out again before they get on my site

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I kind of admire Joe Bananas. I don't like his clothes and the prices are crazy, but he has been in that location (and it can't be cheap), since 1986. He must be doing something right in the eyes of some people.

What is amazing is that his style has not changed one bit in all that time - and it is not a "classic" style. Who else can claim that?

...and walking past his shop is like a little nostaliga trip back to the days of Stuart Membery, Marcs, Follow Me Me Gentlemen.

I remember meeting him at a party back in the 70s that some Brazilians I knew in the Eastern Suburbs had organized. I go down the QVB regularly and wonder who buys them.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No joke here you better be quick - ever since Graeme wore his I've been swamped in people asking how to get it. I haven't had the chance to get photos done yet and worried I'm going to sell out again before they get on my site

Dw not too set o pn the chambray will probably pick up whatever I like at the time :p

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dw not too set o pn the chambray will probably pick up whatever I like at the time :p

Cool we probably order more after if you miss out

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Romp picked a winner with the pop overs!

dsvelte

Reaction score
I kind of admire Joe Bananas. I don't like his clothes and the prices are crazy, but he has been in that location (and it can't be cheap), since 1986. He must be doing something right in the eyes of some people.

What is amazing is that his style has not changed one bit in all that time - and it is not a "classic" style. Who else can claim that?

...and walking past his shop is like a little nostaliga trip back to the days of Stuart Membery, Marcs, Follow Me Me Gentlemen.

If he waits long enough, he will be back in fashion again. Although did 1986 already come back in 2011? Hard to remember!

Still don't know who his target market is. The clothes are fairly awful to my eye, but as you say, there is something admirable about his commitment to a particular aesthetic (leopard print silk etc). Actually I don't find his stuff remarkably different from the clearance Versace outlets higher up in the QVB, except their cut is a little sharper.

For those interested in Penhaligon's, Harrolds has had the range 30% off for a while, not sure if this still current, good to at least sample for those who haven't tried them.

Going to est. for dinner tonight, any ideas on dress code? Or is it fairly casual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads