• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG! Now this thread has started talking about the use of the word 'gay'. What happened to the quality of this thread!? Some of the members are seriously degrading the quality of this thread.
If you can't afford to be gay, just don't ask about the value of being gay.
JESUS CHRIST!
-------------
Sorry, just having a Starry moment :).
The joke is never going to get old :D.
------------

Rob, I am going to take some photos and do a little bit of a write up on Elite, when I get the time (harder than it sounds).

lennier

Reaction score

OMG! Now this thread has started talking about the use of the word 'gay'. What happened to the quality of this thread!? Some of the members are seriously degrading the quality of this thread.
If you can't afford to be gay, just don't ask about the value of being gay.
JESUS CHRIST!
-------------
Sorry, just having a Starry moment :).
The joke is never going to get old :D.
------------

You reckon?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rob, I am going to take some photos and do a little bit of a write up on Elite, when I get the time (harder than it sounds).

cool - easy reviews are typically ones where you dont need to write much .. the product speaks for itself:) Im guessing this isnt one of those.

PS - Spotted on Pitt St, Guy in navy suit, white PS, brown shoes, Filson tan briefcase... gotta be a SF member/lurker ... The filson in Oz gives it away!

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want another pair of shell cordovan shoes, and initially wanted the burgundy calf but the wait time was several months and so I bought the brown. I posted a picture on my Tumblr, see below:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn't want another pair of shell cordovan shoes, and initially wanted the burgundy calf but the wait time was several months and so I bought the brown. I posted a picture on my Tumblr, see below:
Great pick up! Did you size down for them?
Maybe they can make an appearance at the MCG
biggrin.gif

streetminimal

Reaction score
tassel loafers are swag 100%, they're the only pair in my rotation that gets a 2nd show each week. ideally i'd have a pair for all 5 days in various styles.

jmills

Reaction score
I'm keen on burgundy tassels as well. I think C&J's version may not have such a long wait time, but the sizing will be a gamble for me, because I don't have any loafers!

Gilmour

Reaction score
anyone tried Institchu or elite or montaggio etc? Cheap but the web photos look pretty bad and want to know if any real-world experience on here?
I have one from Elite coming some time soon I hope but I presume it will need alterations and pressed before I post any photos.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm keen on burgundy tassels as well. I think C&J's version may not have such a long wait time, but the sizing will be a gamble for me, because I don't have any loafers!

I go down half a size in loafers - I'm usually a UK9/US10 but the few pairs of loafers that I have are all UK8.5 (barring one pair in a UK9 that is too large for me!).

One of the UK8.5 pairs did pinch and rub a little bit at first but after a few wearings they now fit like a glove and are extremely comfortable.

Of course, everyone's feet are different and so sizing down half a size might not suit everyone.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received a new shirt from my local tailor, Deer Style, last week. Whilst my other shirts from Deer are made-to-order, this one is an off-the-rack shirt made by a little Italian firm called G. Inglese, based in a small town in Southern Italy. Their shirts typically involve a lot of fine handwork and this particular example has an interesting collar made from only two pieces of cloth, so that it is largely seamless and very soft. The collar band and the actual collar are one piece so that there is no seam where the collar leaves meet collar band.

The hand-stitching in the shirt is quite wonderful - the seams along the front and back of the yoke have "nubs" which are also seen in high-end Italian shirts such as those made by Anna Matuozzo, and the fabric below the back seam of the yoke is finely shirred. The buttonholes and most of the seams are all finished by hand. The fabric is a very light, crisp cotton and the buttons are mother-of-pearl, attached with crow's-foot stitching.

Here are a few photos - apologies for the poor lighting and the slight lack of focus in a couple of the photos.

In addition to the Inglese shirt, I'm wearing one of my new Vanda ties, a Herringbone odd jacket, a Herringbone silk pocket square, a pair of light grey, Herringbone trousers and a pair of chestnut Santoni double monks.

Last edited:

Selvaggio

Reaction score

Noice!

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score

anyone tried Institchu or elite or montaggio etc? Cheap but the web photos look pretty bad and want to know if any real-world experience on here?

I've got 2 suits from Indochino if you wanted to hear any feedback?

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gerry (if memory serves me right) where did you get the thornproof dressing for your barbour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads