• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just a reminder gents that Melbourne drinks are still on tomorrow, and in the absence of any other venue recommendations, it looks like we'll be meeting at the The Aylesbury.

See you there. Looking like a coldie will be most welcome.

Last edited:

streetminimal

Reaction score

Dipped my toes in the MJ Bale pool with the Marcsen jacket they have on sale. Great value at the price, although I possibly shouldn't have got them to do the sleeve alterations, they seem expensive. What's the going rate at places like Katrina's these days? Haven't had any alterations in a while.
Might also need to look at different buttons down the track to minimise the orphaned suit jacket look.

$20 for shortening of sleeves FYI, may have changed since 9 months ago - not sure.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A guy at work purchased some Meermin's and they are size too big.

They haven't been worn, at all, and he is happy to let them go for $150 delivered to anywhere in Australia or $140 pickup in Melbourne.

The model is the Oxford, black, wholecuts in size UK10.5
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920

I'll happily take those off your friend's hands, given I have probably just written off a pair of black shoes in yesterday's storm.

PM me and we can arrange a pickup, if they're still going.

jester78

Reaction score
Just came back from a stop over in Singapore and went to look at the Ed Et Al shoe store. I saw these custom made that look nice and i purchased a pair of the shenton 11. Only have worn the shentons once so far and they feel great to wear.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is forecast to reach 38 degrees in Melbourne.

How do you dress for work in such heat?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tomorrow is forecast to reach 38 degrees in Melbourne.
How do you dress for work in such heat?

White cotton/flax drill pants, white cotton/flax unlined jacket, lightweight open necked cotton shirt (not white obviously, or you look like an 80s music video), brown loafers.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White cotton/flax drill pants, white cotton/flax unlined jacket, lightweight open necked cotton shirt (not white obviously, or you look like an 80s music video), brown loafers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads