• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im slowly moving up the food chain and am finding myself attending a few balls. Thinking of buying a tux, where is the best places to see in the Sydney area?

Definitely check out the Opera House and take a ferry ride to Manly or Watsons Bay. You should also go to Bondi Beach, surely a must see.

He's after a tux

Genuine misunderstanding but very funny nonetheless
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Im slowly moving up the food chain and am finding myself attending a few balls. Thinking of buying a tux, where is the best places to see in the Sydney area?

If on a budget id hit up the suit supply tux. Its about $400 and pretty nice cut.

If not on a budget id go to pjohnson and get a midnight blue tux with wide peaked lapels lapo elkann style :)

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How much were the MTO? and how do you even manage that? send a trace outline of your foot? haha
Have you done anything about the extra room around the heel and instep?

Lol no no.

Its the standard Olfe last, but u get to choose all features on theshoe i.e. style, sole, leather type, colour, lining colour, construction, initials etc. its made to the linea maestro standards.

I went with the olfe last this time as i prefer almond toe shoes than square toe and its said to be a bit narrower than the hiro but not as narrow as the new rey last.

Cant rmemeber what i paid .. I think delivered cost was about $300aud

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol no no.
Its the standard Olfe last, but u get to choose all features on theshoe i.e. style, sole, leather type, colour, lining colour, construction, initials etc. its made to the linea maestro standards.
I went with the olfe last this time as i prefer almond toe shoes than square toe and its said to be a bit narrower than the hiro but not as narrow as the new rey last.
Cant rmemeber what i paid .. I think delivered cost was about $300aud

That sounds about right price wise, maybe a touch more. I also have olfe last MTO on the way for the big day. Plain black cap toe oxfords.

I think it's 250 eu for the standard Linea Meastro, plus 50 eu for the MTO charge plus 40eu freight, then minus VAT which pretty much cancels the freight. I think that'd be about 360 AUD perhaps (can't be buggered to convert)

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That sounds about right price wise, maybe a touch more. I also have olfe last MTO on the way for the big day. Plain black cap toe oxfords.
I think it's 250 eu for the standard Linea Meastro, plus 50 eu for the MTO charge plus 40eu freight, then minus VAT which pretty much cancels the freight. I think that'd be about 360 AUD perhaps (can't be buggered to convert)
yeah sounds about right 250+50+40 less 18% VAT then AUD/EUR is about 0.82 so $340-350 depending on the conversion rate you get.

Cheaper than most "brand" name shoes in Oz.

i opted for semi brogue oxford in black. Green lining, natural sole, RB initials on the waist.

if it turns out nicely ill prob get a tobacco suede semi brogue + medallion and a black suede single monk too

__PG__

Reaction score
I presume other posters are aware that Henry Bucks in Melbourne have outsourced their shoe department to Beggar Man thief? I guess this is an attempt to move into 21st century. I went down and had a look. There was a young-ish salesperson (who looked like he was from Beggar Man thief) there talking knowledgably about shoes. They have set up a little barista stand as well and are now only stocking Loake, Church and Grenson. It appears Edward Green have been given the heave-ho.

So Henry Bucks has gone a little bit hipster. I presume their prices are still ridiculous.

scruffy

Reaction score
How does it go? Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have been using Carrie My Shopping for parcel forwarding from the US but lately have been getting a automated reply to the effect of 'no more customers/orders'...
Anyone have any suggestions/experience with anyone similar? I liked the option for her to buy things on your behalf.

Also, props to this thread, It talked me out of OTR suits and shirts and I have just received my first P Johnson number. Could not be happier with the service and final product.

scruffy

Reaction score
Colour: Napolitan Blue Sharkskin
Pockets: Flaps and ticket pocket with flaps and a welt chest pocket.
Lapel: Standard notch lapel
Buttons: Horn
Belt Loops
Zipper fly

My first foray into this MTM world so went with what I was comfortable with (belt loops, no cuff), little old Adelaide syndrome.... In hindsight I should have orded without (loops).
I assume you can order pants only or may there be a colour match issue?

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah sounds about right 250+50+40 less 18% VAT then AUD/EUR is about 0.82 so $340-350 depending on the conversion rate you get.

Cheaper than most "brand" name shoes in Oz.

i opted for semi brogue oxford in black. Green lining, natural sole, RB initials on the waist.

if it turns out nicely ill prob get a tobacco suede semi brogue + medallion and a black suede single monk too
If you can get through....I am still waiting for Pepe to get back to me on my MTO (full cut, laced oxford, medallion, norvegesse, fiddleback sole, orange lining). Apparently, I am in the list for August MTO. I think at current rate, new MTO will be looking at December for order acceptance, if you are lucky. Plus a few months delivery...

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How does it go? Long time lurker, first time poster...
I have been using Carrie My Shopping for parcel forwarding from the US but lately have been getting a automated reply to the effect of 'no more customers/orders'...
Anyone have any suggestions/experience with anyone similar? I liked the option for her to buy things on your behalf.
Also, props to this thread, It talked me out of OTR suits and shirts and I have just received my first P Johnson number. Could not be happier with the service and final product.

I have used shipito for almost two years now and found that the service, range of shipping options, consolidation, shipping warehouses in the US/world and, most importantly, price are unmatched. However I know others who vouch for hopshopgo, myus etc.

Shipito have recently introduced a very affordable but still relatively speedy (1.5-3wks) in house economy option which is fantastic for things you don't need immediately. For things Iyouneed a bit quicker you can use DHL/FedEx & TNT (who are the cheapest and quickest - 4days usually).

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also if you do a fair bit of online shopping and have several packages winging their way around the world at any one time give this website a try to keep track of them all:

http://www.faranow.com

Just forward the shipment confirmation to their email address after you've signed up and it will auto-detect the number and carrier, and then keep track of all your tracking info in one spot with automatic updating. Way easier than digging through emails and visiting carrier sites trying to track things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads