Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

Why not wear them a few times and see what happens.

2. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

[​IMG] +1

3. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

Can't stand the garish gold. The more I look at it, the more I wanna puke. Did not look as bad on the Herring website.

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

[​IMG]

Thanks for the tip. If I can remove it, soaking in Coca Cola might also work, if I cant get the acid.

5. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Senior member

What about polishing it with Silvo?

6. fxh

fxh Senior member

It was confirmed today that several participants of an online clothing forum were "helping police with their inquiries."

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

7. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

I for one applaud the actions of our brave bouncers in not allowing men in wearing glued shoes. Bravo, and heal quickly gentlemen.

8. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

For those interested, the shop Enrico Santi in Pitt Street is having a sale of 40%, 50% and 60% off for 1, 2 and 3 pairs of shoes respectively. They have some Loakes, I suspect lower range, not 1880 range. I did not pay close attention, but I think you can get a pair of Ayr II black oxfords for around $200 after 40% discount. You pay about the same price or slightly cheaper online, but you do not have to wait, and you can try on for fit. If you buy, make sure we get pics here!

9. joiji

joiji Senior member

From what I can tell you won't be able to get the buckles off without cutting something. Try rubbing with a scotch-brite or a few grades of sandpaper, should dull the finish and give you a nice brushed look (won't change the colour though : /)

10. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're welcome. btw, i'm not a fly-fisher, yet. although, it is in front of my door. i never met mr. gebetsroither but i'm friend with his grandson.

...and here's the anecdote he told me - you have excuse my poor language skills, but you'll get the idea: Like his trips to the Traunsee - Gmundner Traun, Mr. Ritz invited his fly-fishing friends all over the world to his legendary meet-ups in the Ritz Hotel, Place Vendome, Paris. Like every year he encouraged Mr. Gebetsroither to join the group. Hemingway was a regular attendant to this meetings. Understood that Gebetsroither was a decent, who lived for his passion. certainly he didn't speak french or was used to travelling. One day, when one of the meet ups came up, he packed his cardboard shoe box, the usual luggage of that time, with his pocket knive, snuff, bread, a sausage and slice of cheese and was on the way to the train station heading to Paris. Once he arrived, he made his way to the Place Vendome and stood in front of the entrance. Actually the doormen thought of a clochard, seeing this guy in his simple clothes and a cardboard box in his arms. They tried to banish him from the place when coincidentally Mr. Ritz arrived on the scene. Politely he asked his employee's if they wouldn't know who this man is. It's my friend Hans Gebetsroither the best fly-fisher in the world... the rest is history.

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

tbh, this is not very polite and imo, you have a long way of learning ahead of you... greatest bs, i have read in a while. just ridiculous.

12. sliq

sliq Senior member

that's an amazing story!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

13. kickstart

kickstart Senior member

14. sliq

sliq Senior member

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

Thread Status: