• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AmayaTaiyou

Reaction score
After reading through the discussions about PJT, I wanted to hear everyone's opinions on PJT compared with Oscar Hunt. I've previously gotten a suit from OH before, and overall, price was decent, but fit was lacking. How does PJT compare to OH in terms of pricing, construction and fitters?

Topher22

Reaction score
Thanks all for the advice on ordering from Spier & Mackay. I now have an order on the way.

I'm now needing to replace my messenger bag due to wear (it cost me less than $50 off eBay about 8 years ago). Requirements below.
-suitable for office wear and business casual
-good shoulder padding in the strap
-able to match any color outfit
-preferably some resistance to rain
-able to carry a notepad, USB cable, a bottle of water and a few stationary items
-preferably under $100, though willing to spend up to $200 for a great quality item.
Recommendations would be much appreciated.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ovlov

Reaction score
After reading through the discussions about PJT, I wanted to hear everyone's opinions on PJT compared with Oscar Hunt. I've previously gotten a suit from OH before, and overall, price was decent, but fit was lacking. How does PJT compare to OH in terms of pricing, construction and fitters?
Idk about Oscar Hunt. But I've been mostly happy with the fit and construction for PJ. Ive had 3 suits made so far. I saw Pat and Tom for 2 of them and they worked out great after a little alteration (by them). The other 3rd i had measurements taken by some other guy and there was a bit of a disaster with the trousers. They were still wearable after extensive alterations though and they gave me a 50% refund by way of apology without prompting. So i left happy, but would make sure i met with one of their senior guys at least in the future.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm now needing to replace my messenger bag due to wear (it cost me less than $50 off eBay about 8 years ago).

Do you want fabric, leather, or you don't mind?

Personally, although it costs more than your budget, I'd strongly consider Filson. They're great, very durable, extremely well made and I suspect the bag will outlive you, or last you until you retire!

You can get it in tan, navy, olive green or black and it comes with a shoulder strap.

https://www.filson.com/rugged-twill-original-briefcase.html

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you want fabric, leather, or you don't mind?

Personally, although it costs more than your budget, I'd strongly consider Filson. They're great, very durable, extremely well made and I suspect the bag will outlive you, or last you until you retire!

You can get it in tan, navy, olive green or black and it comes with a shoulder strap.

https://www.filson.com/rugged-twill-original-briefcase.html
There's also the lifetime guarantee:
https://www.filson.com/customer-service/support-repairs

"We guarantee the lifetime of each item against failure or damage in its intended usage."

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christian Kimber sale 20% off on AW stock use KIMBERSALE

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics