• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

swooc

Reaction score
looking for the cheapest invisible mender in sydney. any recommendations please? i have several holes i need to mend, and i've been quoted by a few places of at least $120 for each hole :O. a lot of them seem to send it off to someone else?

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve gone cheap for invisible mending and the results were garbage. Quality first, no matter the price.

Topher22

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a quality, good value cobbler who can re sole a pair of RM Williams boots for me, either in Melbourne conservative business dress or Melbourne South East suburbs?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a quality, good value cobbler who can re sole a pair of RM Williams boots for me, either in Melbourne conservative business dress or Melbourne South East suburbs?
Consensus here seems to be Rekakis in the Melbourne conservative business dress area. Would RMW do it?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RMW will do resole afaik, though I'm a bit skeptical about the quality. The boots I have are an older pair, which are better quality than current ones.

I had a pair of RMW boots that were fifteen years old that RMW replaced the elastic sides in ten years ago and the are still going strong. So I would imagne their work to resole a pair of boots would be first rate.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of RMW boots that were fifteen years old that RMW replaced the elastic sides in ten years ago and the are still going strong. So I would imagne their work to resole a pair of boots would be first rate.
They also have outlets in the conservative business dress and in Chadstone, which might be easier for @Topher22 to get to than Rekaris.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RMW have a list of approved refurbishers. One of my sisters wear RMs nonstop till they crack, have holes in soles and 'lastic is stretched like a millennium's KPI Goal. A complete refurbish is a thing of wonder and cheap at half the price.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
H & M, Muji, Uniqlo, Cotton On often have them cheap and OK but none with proper Boat Necks. For that you have to go to O/S sites in UK or France.
heritage-breton-striped-shirt-cotton_720x.jpg

Isn't that a proper boatneck?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members