• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in a Cappelli group buy, shipping is 50 Euros, kills it for me for one tie.

Looks like vat doesn't come off too. Nonetheless less some decent patterns imo in the outlet section, which start at 50 Euro. If we got 5 ties it would be tie cost +10 Euro a tie.

Doing this in Sydney would keep costs down further, for me at least, but happy to look at options.

I'd also take part with other companies like Hober etc... if there was more interest there.
I'm in. Tried to do something similar a few months ago but it fizzled

Decreased

Reaction score
I'd be interested with the Hober option. Have my eyes on a couple of nice grenadines though I need slightly longer ties (62" +) given my height.

Already have the dimensions sorted for each tie so let me know if you do choose to go ahead with this. I am Sydney based too.

Noted, thank you

I'm in. Tried to do something similar a few months ago but it fizzled

Preference for Cappelli or Hober?
I haven't tried Cappelli, but always happy to have more hobers

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks CD. I regularly check the OpShops but nothing to be had.
Also had a look at Equus - thanks for the link. Alas my size is not available (36-38).

There's a guy here at Glebe markets who offers the same service though I know he doesn't have the quality leathers.

Shame....perhaps we can start an online Burgundy belt service for Oz. Kangaroo, Croc, Pig, Deer and Calf.
I know a few hunters so the leather wouldn't be too hard to source. It's the tannery and everything else in between the finished product that would be a bit of a hassle.

I'm the same size. I hardly ever find a decent belt in my size at the op shop, so I grab them whenever I find them, regardless of colour. Nearly always black or brown, of course.

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal at Bespoke Shoes for the Oxblood, Burgundy, Hermes Red etc. belt:

Belt:
  • 30mm (i think she can source 32mm as well)
  • Bridle leather, bark tanned (vegie), imported from the US (see photos for quality in direct sun and indoors) - lots of width options here though I think beyond 35mm the price will change
  • Brass or metal buckle (lots of options, lots of sizes - brass, antiqued brass, gunmetal grey, silver etc.)
  • $140 each
For the Oz sourced bridle leather option the price is $120. The difference in leather quality is noticeable though I did not grab a photo - have to trust me on this

Turnaround time 1-2 weeks for the finished product depending feedback from individual.

I included some photos of the buckle options she has in-store and believe me this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Georgia will happily send samples of colored leather swatches (in colour of choice) of the bridle leather to you.
I didn't ask about cost but assume its negligible. She can do a museum type / two tone just helps to have reference material.

Calf leather is not an option until next year as she will need to source the materials from the tannery so I can confirm once I hear something back.

I'm putting in order for sure. At that price, and compared to Equus which starts at 93GBP, it works out to be ~$20 cheaper.
@Geoffrey Firmin - you still in?

Pics of materials below
20171123_115244.jpg 20171123_115249.jpg 20171123_120044.jpg 20171123_115646.jpg 20171123_115601.jpg 20171123_115448.jpg 20171123_115408.jpg 20171123_115323.jpg

JayH

Reaction score
Sydney members, has anyone checked out Time Keeper Boutique in The Strand?

They are selling Rolex Hulk and Batman Submariners... along with a few other hard to find watches. Sounds too good to be true, does anyone know their backstory. They seem to be working outside the offical reseller network.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place for Sunday brunch/lunch in Sydney? Somewhere with views, preferably, but not O-Bar or the Park Hyatt, coz we've been there.
Not sure if that's what you have in mind or define as a view, but when I'm in town with time to kill between meetings, I like to grab lunch at Ventuno. The quieter life close to the water, with a wine list that isn't too bad. Not the kind of place to excite bloggers though.

Nearby Hotel Palisade has a broader view, more hipster look, and good reviews, but I could never get past Ventuno. Similarly I can't get round to trying the other wharf places, although a cocktail at the Bar at the End was pretty good and the place does have very nice views by virtue of sticking out into the harbour.

Coogee Pavilion is my other to go for a brunch with view type affair. The rooftop is a bit more elaborate with better views and less crowds.

Icebergs is striking but the food not great. IMHO. You pay for watching waves crash into the pool...

edit - when I lived nearby, quite enjoyed brunching at Thelma and Louise particularly on the outside table over the water. Easily reached in 5 minutes by ferry from CQ.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal at Bespoke Shoes for the Oxblood, Burgundy, Hermes Red etc. belt:

Belt:
  • Bridle leather, bark tanned (vegie), imported from the US (see photos for quality in direct sun and indoors) - lots of width options here though I think beyond 35mm the price will change
  • Brass or metal buckle (lots of options, lots of sizes - brass, antiqued brass, gunmetal grey, silver etc.)
  • $140 each
For the Oz sourced bridle leather option the price is $120. The difference in leather quality is noticeable though I did not grab a photo - have to trust me on this

Turnaround time 1-2 weeks for the finished product depending feedback from individual.

I included some photos of the buckle options she has in-store and believe me this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Georgia will happily send samples of colored leather swatches (in colour of choice) of the bridle leather to you.
I didn't ask about cost but assume its negligible. She can do a museum type / two tone just helps to have reference material.

Calf leather is not an option until next year as she will need to source the materials from the tannery so I can confirm once I hear something back.

I'm putting in order for sure. At that price, and compared to Equus which starts at 93GBP, it works out to be ~$20 cheaper.

Pics of materials below
View attachment 879635 View attachment 879636 View attachment 879637 View attachment 879638 View attachment 879639 View attachment 879640 View attachment 879641 View attachment 879642

I'm interested

Decreased

Reaction score
For those considering Equus, my order took several weeks. Can't remember exactly, but it was shipped after the estimate and took over 12 days to arrive.

Thanks for the write up

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those considering Equus, my order took several weeks. Can't remember exactly, but it was shipped after the estimate and took over 12 days to arrive.

Thanks for the write up

They're ******* awesome. I have several that are 6 years old. Best bit of money spent. Sure, they take a couple of weeks, and usually add on another week if you place an order during a sale period. They're seriously the best belts going around.

My only annoynce with them is that I need a suede braided belt and they don't do one, so now I have to go andersons to get one.

That reminds me. I've got a couple for sale in burgandy and navy (don't have those coloured shoes anymore) if anyone is interested.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Belt:
  • $140 each

Pics of materials below
View attachment 879635 View attachment 879636 View attachment 879637 View attachment 879638 View attachment 879639 View attachment 879640 View attachment 879641 View attachment 879642
@Bravo Sierra definitely send me a PM to workout logistics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads