• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attolini vs Kiton

levku

Reaction score
I would like to share my experience regarding suits and jackets from Kiton and Cesare Attolini. It happened to be that last five years i'm buying suits and jackets only from these two brands. In my subjective opinion suits and jackets by Cesare Attolini are crafted better. They also have just perfect fit and shape. But when it comes to fabrics Kiton is much better. If for example we take the jackets from 100% cashmere, Kiton is much softer, more pleasant. Not talking about Kiton 180 's (14 micron) fabrics. Even if we compare 150 's fabrics, Kiton is thinner, nicer. Very surprised why the selection of fabrics from Attolini is on such a bad level. Craftsmanship of Cesare Attolini is better than Kiton and the best in the world. If Attolini were supplied by the same quality fabrics as Kiton, it definitely would be out of the competition.

Rodney R.

Reaction score
I would like to share my experience regarding suits and jackets from Kiton and Cesare Attolini. It happened to be that last five years i'm buying suits and jackets only from these two brands. In my subjective opinion suits and jackets by Cesare Attolini are crafted better. They also have just perfect fit and shape. But when it comes to fabrics Kiton is much better. If for example we take the jackets from 100% cashmere, Kiton is much softer, more pleasant. Not talking about Kiton 180 's (14 micron) fabrics. Even if we compare 150 's fabrics, Kiton is thinner, nicer. Very surprised why the selection of fabrics from Attolini is on such a bad level. Craftsmanship of Cesare Attolini is better than Kiton and the best in the world. If Attolini were supplied by the same quality fabrics as Kiton, it definitely would be out of the competition.
I too purchase from both these brands. I think there might be some misunderstanding on the fabric choices of Attolini versus Kiton. Attolini fabrics are not as you say, rather than your choice is elsewhere.

Both are based in Naples and as such, historically hot and humid. When Attolini started to cater to these home clients it was with the intent of lightening the sartorial load by using fabrics that are more appealing to humid and hot climates. Yes, wool is fantastic, but if you notice, while Kiton and other brands focus on better and better wools, Attolini focused on Cotton, Linen and Silk which is a bigger mix of their fabrics versus just wool or cashmere.

You simply cannot have fantastic tailoring on poor performance fabrics. It's a question of taste, which in of itself is subjective. I too prefer Attolini over Kiton, but Kiton even with at times sloppy handwork, still claims Best of Best +1!

All the best bespoke makers making handmade buttonholes are super tight and beautiful while Kiton's founder Ciro liked soft buttonholes so the stitch work is actually looser meaning less stitch work per buttonhole.

Again, just to say, I agree on who is better crafted but not so much on fabric quality.

My two centavos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads