• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attila Shoes Budapest

prh002

Reaction score
Really super combination. I think there's so much to be said for that shape. I see a pair on this Manual last from Attila in my future.

Thanks for posting the photos!

Good lord those are delicious
1f44d.png

Thanks, guys! It was a pair of your similarly-colored Buday Budapesters, Frank, that really helped me visualize how the colors would turn out.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been remiss in posting photos of these:

They are kangaroo leather on the Attila last, which is a much more of middle of the road look than I'd thought (in a good way, for me).

Will have to take some proper shoe photos to show them better. But here they are anyway.

Mrlol

Reaction score

Perfect! If you have a look through their leather swatches, see if they have something in a really light-colored (white or off-white) suede!

:)

Enjoy your visit!
Will try to do that for you!
Question, you have both roshnyai and attila right, wich do you prefer in terms of quality etc?

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfect! If you have a look through their leather swatches, see if they have something in a really light-colored (white or off-white) suede!

:)

Enjoy your visit!

I know Vass did at one point. I don't know if they still stock it. If they don't good luck on your hunt!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Will try to do that for you!
Question, you have both roshnyai and attila right, wich do you prefer in terms of quality etc?

I just put in my first order for Rozsnyai, so nothing to compare yet. I find Attila to be similar quality to Vass and Buday. A bit more expensive than Rozsnyai I think. I'll order from them again.

Pair of spectators in your future?

Hungarian dirty bucks maybe...

I know Vass did at one point. I don't know if they still stock it. If they don't good luck on your hunt!

Oh I KNOW you got the shoes (those off white suede long wings are yours right?!?!)

Nik Telford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I KNOW you got the shoes (those off white suede long wings are yours right?!?!)
Yeah haha they are mine. I got lucky with Vass for sure. They were my first pair and the fact that I had such a hard time finding a maker convinced me to place the order asap. For such an american shoe the hungarian lasts really do it justice.

WildBlueYonder

Reaction score
Is there any update on this shoemaker, as far as pricing and leather quality goes? Planning a trip to Budapest and having a pair of shoes made isn't out of the question.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any update on this shoemaker, as far as pricing and leather quality goes? Planning a trip to Budapest and having a pair of shoes made isn't out of the question.
They do excellent work. The problem for someone just visiting Budapest is that they only do bespoke which requires a custom last. So, unless you will be in Budapest for a while, it may not be an option. But if you can take in the whole bespoke process, do it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads