• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

jcfunkeln

Reaction score
Hi I am having trouble identifying these OP Zukos.

I am unclear of their authenticity and if they are fake or not.

Can anyone tell? There are many pictures provided.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here are my own (for TV only), FRED OF PARIS "S.Lucie" platinum plated rimless glasses, set at each temple with a pretty large rosé cut real diamond!

Next eye test: next Monday, but I feel my eyesight has improved over the last 4 years and that I'll be told I don't need to wear them at all!:mad:

No, they are hard to get hold off and Definitely Not for kopping off me!

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm deciding between a $600 pair (lenses included) of Kio Yamatos OXs and whether or not to try Warby Parker which are priced at around $100. I know I would have to try the Warby Parker's on in person through online delivery and then send them back, etc. But in general if I find a style I like from Warby, are Kios worth 6x the price? Also most of the price of the Kios are the lenses, are lenses the same wherever I get them?

Last edited:

CarolinaMan

Reaction score
Cheap is cheap...glasses rnt something to really skimp out on imo.
It is not that simple. I agree Warby Parker glasses are somewhat over rated. And they claim poly lenses are something special which they are not. But many people cannot afford to spend $500 on a pair of glasses. Further, someone who has a week prescription (say a -.50), no astigmatism, average size face with a 62PD, chances are Warby Parkers with their poly lenses will be just fine.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the stronger your prescription, the more you should consider shelling out for lenses? I know that high index by default costs more.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It is not that simple.  I agree Warby Parker glasses are somewhat over rated.  And they claim poly lenses are something special which they are not.  But many people cannot afford to spend $500 on a pair of glasses.  Further, someone who has a week prescription (say a -.50), no astigmatism, average size face with a 62PD, chances are Warby Parkers with their poly lenses will be just fine.  

How do Warby frames compare to lower end Luxottica frames (e.g. Ray Bans)?

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do Warby frames compare to lower end Luxottica frames (e.g. Ray Bans)?

i think they are crap. They are my beach sunglasses. you cant beat the price on polarized lenses.

Yeah but, how big can the difference in quality be between plastic frames? I have Gucci (Safilo) sunglass frames and my previous optical frames were Prada (Luxottica). I don't notice any major difference in quality between the frames, even though the designer frames were at least twice the price of Warbys.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah but, how big can the difference in quality be between plastic frames? I have Gucci (Safilo) sunglass frames and my previous optical frames were Prada (Luxottica). I don't notice any major difference in quality between the frames, even though the designer frames were at least twice the price of Warbys.

I also have pradas and the quality is much better then the warbys...idk they just feel cheap and one pair will be enough for me.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting a pair of Kio Yamato O.X. OP-154s with Crizal lenses instead of Warby Parker's, very happy with fit and quality.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads