• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe depends from the price, for <$150. What brands would you recommend?
and have a model something like this,

or this one,

O&X has some exactly like that which will be a bit more than $200ish but great quality and I'm certain that they have both styles. Modo has some for $180ish for good quality. Eco by Modo has some for less than $150. Cheap Monday and Paul Frank might have some for around $150-180ish. Personally I think that you'll get the best value and bang for the buck if you extend your budget just a little bit. Happy hunting.

Last edited:

bang_o

Reaction score

O&X has some exactly like that which will be a bit more than $200ish but great quality and I'm certain that they have both styles. Modo has some for $180ish for good quality. Eco by Modo has some for less than $150. Cheap Monday and Paul Frank might have some for around $150-180ish. Personally I think that you'll get the best value and bang for the buck if you extend your budget just a little bit. Happy hunting.

i had check on O&X and its make make confused, too many brands on there. Eco by Modo and Modo dont have the same model with what i want.
if i extend my budget to $200, What brands would you recommend?
another question, Dita Eyewear and Salt Optical are worth for their price?

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

maybe depends from the price, for <$150. What brands would you recommend?
and have a model something like this,

I was looking at lemtosh but their bridge is 24mm. Is it just exaggerated considering it has a keyhole shape and they measured it at its widest points? I usually wear 15-166mm nose bridge

Rockwell

Reaction score

i had check on O&X and its make make confused, too many brands on there. Eco by Modo and Modo dont have the same model with what i want.
if i extend my budget to $200, What brands would you recommend?
another question, Dita Eyewear and Salt Optical are worth for their price?

O&X is a division of Kio Yamato.
Eco by Modo will not have all their frames on their website. Try looking finding a stockist.
For the price of Dita and Salt you could very well go with most well made frames.

Rockwell

Reaction score

I was looking at lemtosh but their bridge is 24mm. Is it just exaggerated considering it has a keyhole shape and they measured it at its widest points? I usually wear 15-166mm nose bridge

Funny you say that. I was looking at a Lemtosh yesterday. The bridge is a 24mm but it fits like one that is much more narrow because the plastic is quite thick. The bridge size is measured from lens to lens, NOT the gap between the plastic. With that in mind, the bridge actually fits much more narrow than the measurements.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eco by Modo will not have all their frames on their website. Try looking finding a stockist.
For the price of Dita and Salt you could very well go with most well made frames.

This is correct. Most frame manufactures won't update their websites very frequently unless it is a "lifestyle brand". Most of them are not in the marketing business and don't market themselves very well.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny you say that. I was looking at a Lemtosh yesterday. The bridge is a 24mm but it fits like one that is much more narrow because the plastic is quite thick. The bridge size is measured from lens to lens, NOT the gap between the plastic. With that in mind, the bridge actually fits much more narrow than the measurements.

You are correct about the measurements although I don't know much about the mascot frames.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In my opinion. if you are looking to get progressive lenses in any frame go to a B&M. Depending on the fit of a certain frame, the lenses could or could NOT work. If you buy it online and find out that the progressives are not suitable, you will have wasted money on the frame. If you go to a B&M they will guide you in the right direction for a frame that is suitable for your progressive lenses.

What is B&M. A Google search didn't turn up anything.

Beetleything

Reaction score

But Dita are VERY well made.

I bought a pair of Levers over a year ago and i am still in awe when i look at them at the quality and craftmanship in them.

They are well worth the money - to me.:)

bang_o

Reaction score

This is correct. Most frame manufactures won't update their websites very frequently unless it is a "lifestyle brand". Most of them are not in the marketing business and don't market themselves very well.

too bad no one stockist of them in my country :(
thanks for your response

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But Dita are VERY well made.
I bought a pair of Levers over a year ago and i am still in awe when i look at them at the quality and craftmanship in them.
They are well worth the money - to me.:)

Yes, I'm sure they are made well. What I meant to say was that for that kind of money, you have a lot of options.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads