• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's my report on the BBS jacket at nagnagnag that @LA Guy was interested in: I sympathize much more strongly with the no-measurements policythan previously. The shoulders are irregular (half raglan, or at least quite dropped in the back), but the front shoulder to shoulder for lack of anything not better to measure was around 45.5 cm (all measurements here are somewhat approximate, having been made in a dressing room). And, on the side, while there's a v-shaped seam for the sleeve to meet the body, there is no seam down the side of the body. However, it was about 53.5 cm from the tip of one v to the other.

Theoretically, this would fit me just fine (for some random comparisons, a 50 Eidos fits me spot on, as do most of Zam's and Forme's 50s; I wear a 52 in Rick jackets; 52 (tight) or 54 (comfortable) for Layer-0), but when I tried it on, it was very tight in the arms, which I could barely raise to be parallel to the ground, one at a time. Tbh I'm not quite sure what to attribute this to, but it does make me think that even if those dimensions sound right, it's probably only suitable for someone with skinny little noodle arms.

The guy at the shop was super nice, though. They have a fair amount of pretty deeply discounted Deepti (whose own sizing seems to be all over the place).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's my report on the BBS jacket at nagnagnag that @LA Guy was interested in: I sympathize much more strongly with the no-measurements policythan previously. The shoulders are irregular (half raglan, or at least quite dropped in the back), but the front shoulder to shoulder for lack of anything not better to measure was around 45.5 cm (all measurements here are somewhat approximate, having been made in a dressing room). And, on the side, while there's a v-shaped seam for the sleeve to meet the body, there is no seam down the side of the body. However, it was about 53.5 cm from the tip of one v to the other.

Theoretically, this would fit me just fine (for some random comparisons, a 50 Eidos fits me spot on, as do most of Zam's and Forme's 50s; I wear a 52 in Rick jackets; 52 (tight) or 54 (comfortable) for Layer-0), but when I tried it on, it was very tight in the arms, which I could barely raise to be parallel to the ground, one at a time. Tbh I'm not quite sure what to attribute this to, but it does make me think that even if those dimensions sound right, it's probably only suitable for someone with skinny little noodle arms.

The guy at the shop was super nice, though. They have a fair amount of pretty deeply discounted Deepti (whose own sizing seems to be all over the place).
Hmmm... probably not for me then. I am a 50 in Eidos as well, and I can sorta kinda fit into a size 50 in Layer-0, but a 52 is more comfortable, though still quite fitted. And while not yoked, I doubt that my arms are in the noodle range.

Sigh, it seems like a lot of this stuff is made for guys who don't do any exercise at all and subsist mostly on celery and coffee.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy dude try rick if you like bbs

Bro, Rick has never fit me. I tried on a DRKSHDW jacket once, when I was MUCH lighter and smaller, and in an L, I swear that I nearly split the jacket in through the back just trying to stretch my arms. And, it gave me a huge booty. While that's cool and all, it's not really my look. That was when I was 155-160 lbs. I am a solid 20-25 lbs heavier now (13 years later.) There is pretty much no way that Rick would fit me. I know that @thekunk07 wears it, but our body types are radically different. He carries most of his muscle mass up top, which seems to work for Rick.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sigh, it seems like a lot of this stuff is made for guys who don't do any exercise at all and subsist mostly on celery and coffee.

Give up the pull ups, bicep curls, and shoulder press/ lateral raises. Lol! Just sold off all my CCP in 48/50 and got one in 52 because of issues with the fit on the arms and shoulders.

Even RO is tight across the shoulders.

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought the all-leather BBS Blue Subsphere jacket in L, and it worked for me though definitely on the tight side in the arms. I'm reasonably muscular + a good layer of fat, and usually fit in Rick 52 leather. Granted, this jacket is not all leather, so YMMV.

fistinyoface

Reaction score
I'm kinda bored with all clothes lately, though. Went to DSM and nothing really interested, went to Lift and the best thing I found was an Individual Sentiments coat for my wife...

That's the real killer. I've been into this stuff for over a decade and I've gone through a half dozen favourites, looks, rules, styles, brand to follow, brands to avoid, and so on.

Nowadays I have a personal, definitive style that hasn't changed much in the last few years. I'm not interested in the constant trends, changes, and waves. I want to be comfortable and I want to look cool. The two C's. I've got my handful of brands I follow and ignore the rest. I'm sure what I like will fall out of commonly accepted style, if it hasn't already, and I'll no longer look "hip", but I don't care. I feel most people who stick around long enough fall into a similar fate. That or they drop out completely, sell up, and go back to hoodies, sneakers, and jeans; and I don't begrudge them at all. Being content is the true sartorial goal imo.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
faliero sarti, LUC, daniel andresen, taichi murakami stole - all $$$$
18east stole is pretty dope, not quite the same aesthetic
begg & co for something more classic

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads