• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

docdocgs

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, @nicelynice . Beautiful looking stuff! The fabrics look amazing, and those boots are great, definitely a bit different.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nicelynice I almost pulled the trigger on a beautiful PRP blazer from Robin Richman in Chicago. T was the two button with the bright green oxidized clasps/tie bars. They don't have a lot (mainly blazer and matching drop crotch trousers) but it's a start and my SA, Steven, was extremely nice and helpful.

http://robinrichman.com

Ended up opting for the GBS blazer from Eth0s (which I'm thrilled with) but did score a beautiful Elena black shirt and even qualified for their 25% off sale they just had.

Worth writing them if anybody here is curious. They seem like a great store and I'm happy to support them.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I will have to visit them again when I'm not lazy. I doubt they have small sizes though. I recall they have limited stock and bigger sizes, but they just started buying menswear so hopefully it gets better. Their womenswear buys are pretty impressive.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

just received this Forme blazer and its too big. super nice piece I'm sad to have to let it go but if anyone wants it ping me,
Approx. measurements:
Shoulder: 45cm
Chest: 51cm
Length (sans collar): 78.5cm

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys...

just received this Forme blazer and its too big. super nice piece I'm sad to have to let it go but if anyone wants it ping me,
Approx. measurements:
Shoulder: 45cm
Chest: 51cm
Length (sans collar): 78.5cm

Ha if I hadn't gotten a (different) Forme blazer literally yesterday I'd be interested :/ (They serve different needs---mine is all linen, different cut---but budgetary discipline, y'know)

psydle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ha if I hadn't gotten a (different) Forme blazer literally yesterday I'd be interested :/ (They serve different needs---mine is all linen, different cut---but budgetary discipline, y'know)
No. I do not know.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

newp

Reaction score
I really didnt know Altiery was screwed by Guidi like that, not sure if thats an internet rumor or what but seems plausible to me.
That thread doesn't have anything about Guidi as far as I can see. Do you mean the moment when they started their own footwear line inspired by those who sourced from their tannery business undercutting them?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That thread doesn't have anything about Guidi as far as I can see. Do you mean the moment when they started their own footwear line inspired by those who sourced from their tannery business undercutting them?

There is its in the comments if you go down. Member coolron corrects some of the stuff too. And yes i am referring to when they started their own footwear.

newp

Reaction score
There is its in the comments if you go down. Member coolron corrects some of the stuff too. And yes i am referring to when they started their own footwear.
He probably removed it from his post since there isn't a single guidi mention on that page.
Anyway he is 100% influenced by Geoffrey's post long ago on SZ when he said the same.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

newp

Reaction score
dude my bad the comment is in this thread questions about: Guidi, A1923, Greg Lauren, CCP, and their aesthetics. https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashio...tions_about_guidi_a1923_greg_lauren_ccp_and/?

the other thread i just thought was interesting as well.
Ah, I see, it's just you've posted only one link in the first place.
It seems I was correct, but this guy definitely overexaggerates things (and Geoffrey was quite harsh himself). I wasn't interested in this market back then (and I was too young anyway) so my opinion doesn't matter much but it hasn't lead to Carpe's downfall for sure since there were no Carpe's downfall. It was just shut down and definitely not because of the lack of demand from customers.
The issue of Guidi making similar designs is indeed real (however their lasts are original for sure and we've seen MUCH worse examples of almost-blatant copying, mostly by a1923), and the issue of selling their salesman to the same boutiques which were selling Carpe is real indeed. It's shrewd but it's, well, business. This is why Guidi were called businessmen, not artisans.
Let me find the original post: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30408&postcount=30
And if I can name any person who stands for its word about what happened back then it would be Geoffrey indeed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads