• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on l&f rooms quality? Im looking at these pants, though ive never handled the rooms stuff before.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the terrible pic, but, wow, just got back from checking out the Cornelian Taurus personal order and the new leather for SS16 is amazing - natural indigo dyed leather that is processed like Japanese lacquer (urushi). The texture combined with the depth of color from the natural indigo is just unbelievable and one of the coolest leather treatments I've seen. Very tempted to grab a coincase or something small just to get in on the action even though it's still (understandably) a bit pricy at double the cost of standard leathers.

Again, iPhone pic in bad light but it's a true, deep blue. @Synthese @LA Guy et al would appreciate the craftsmanship of this

Here's the urushi in black, imagine this in an uneven indigo.. Apparently he's been trying to get this right for awhile now
http://addict-store.net/products/detail1940.html

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apologies for the terrible pic, but, wow, just got back from checking out the Cornelian Taurus personal order and the new leather for SS15 is amazing - natural indigo dyed leather that is processed like Japanese lacquer (urushi). The texture combined with the depth of color from the natural indigo is just unbelievable and one of the coolest leather treatments I've seen. Very tempted to grab a coincase or something small just to get in on the action even though it's still (understandably) a bit pricy at double the cost of standard leathers.

Again, iPhone pic in bad light but it's a true, deep blue. @Synthese @LA Guy et al would appreciate the craftsmanship of this

Here's the urushi in black, imagine this in an uneven indigo.. Apparently he's been trying to get this right for awhile now
http://addict-store.net/products/detail1940.html

Where to kop?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Custom orders only for now, delivery in March
Coincases are 38,000 yen, wallets around 70,000, bags 100,000 on up (so double usual prices).
Cutoff is tmrw if anyone wants me to sneak them in an order :) otherwise usual stockits should have some stuff

Last edited:

moulton

Reaction score
Does anybody actually hem the pants with super long inseams discussed in this thread to control the massive stacking? Is it even possible (some of them look like they flare a bit at the very bottom)? Is it just sacrilegious?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guys... i know the sales thread will be cluttered as **** with random ****...

if anyone sees stuff thats on the topic of what we speak of here can you post the good sale leads... if no one wants to do this, we can pm each other just lmk know if anyone is interested and we can have a sub thread or a private pm with folks.

MagicalZechs

Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for a large scarf? Co-worker brought in an amazing handmade blanket scarf today and now I need one.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Faliero Sarti has the softest scarves I've handled, but you need to see it in person and there's a lot of different materials. Stephan Schieder, LUC, Daniel Andresen. There's also a lot of under the radar designers that only(?) make scarves, by which I mean just go into random shops in Tokyo and touch them all.

Also, Hotoveli sale 30% off started. A1923 has officially entered the retail pricing scheme.

MagicalZechs

Reaction score
^Faliero Sarti has the softest scarves I've handled, but you need to see it in person and there's a lot of different materials. Stephan Schieder, LUC, Daniel Andresen. There's also a lot of under the radar designers that only(?) make scarves, by which I mean just go into random shops in Tokyo and touch them all.

Also, Hotoveli sale 30% off started. A1923 has officially entered the retail pricing scheme.
Ah forgot to change my location, unfortunately back in Seattle, so not many options for mens clothing. Thanks for the brand recs though.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
faliero sarti is ok , there are some much better (and more baller :bigstar: ) options

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads