Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

oh sorry , well to start with you can check out denis colomb. i really want this throw blanket they have in the shop here but i don't want to pay $4k for it lol

2. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

faliero is truly ok, but nothing would beat LUC stoles... and honeslty old Julius heavy stoles too

3. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

You're not referring to the SS09 ones are you? I believe that was the season that had the one affectionately known as the Tetsuo stole... and was Sarti, no?

Also, seems like you need to defend your honor or some shit... (sz)

4. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

naah! I'll try to find the one in my closet - aw06 as i remember - giant grilled wool thing

and what about some shit on sz - to fuck with it - everyone could judge about my honor and reputation on their own experience. I'd look stupid if I'd run into public discussions of that sorts. And hell, don't force me to create SZ account once again - if I'd do that, we all know how it would end - with Faust photoshopped shit and gifs and etc.

5. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior member

On scarf talk, we're all gonna wanna see pictures, I think.

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Anyone tried washing a PH blazer by hand? Just dropped it into the bathtub with woolite black, maybe I should have done this during the day so I could dry it with some sun..

[​IMG]

7. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. psydle

psydle Senior member

Just got my soft J shape heavy linen trousers back from Zam Barrett. His shop tailored them down for a slimmer fitting leg upon request. The paneled cut is super streamlined and the flow of the J shape creates some lovely stacks, especially now that they're slimmer below the knee. This is his webshop image but I'll post some of my own fit pics this week as a I break them in. They're blacker than they appear here and I couldn't get a good mirror pic of them last night since they were soaking up all available light into their flaxy murkiness.

[​IMG]

He's still got a pretty great discount running right now at 50% off on a lot of stock. He just launched some women's wear too for your lady friends.

9. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

oh totally forgot to say

i'm so sorry

10. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Senior member

I've always wondered about the cut of the seat for Zam's pants. Do the thighs abruptly tighten in the upper leg, or is the model just... phat? :embar: Probably the #1 factor dissuading me from considering his pants.

11. psydle

psydle Senior member

@VitaTimH It depends on the style of pant. The soft J is pretty generous throughout. That is why I had mine taken in. Mine are a 44 and the waist is about 39 cm. There is still plenty of room through the seat and thigh since they left that unaltered. I just wanted a close to the leg stack like my minimalist version of the DNA cut does.

As far as other perennial ZB styles, I wear a 46. I can't button a 44 in the standard DNA cut. They're meant to be worn closer to the natural waist rather than the hip. I think the models he usually shoots with just have really slim waists but large athletic thighs thus the look you get in his shop pics. I think @Auximenes wears a fair amount of ZB too. He might have some further input.

12. psydle

psydle Senior member

also, speaking of NYC artisans, there is some great past season, size 3-4 InAisce stuff that this guy just posted:
    http://www.ebay.com/usr/454545luis?_trksid=p2056016.l2559

a couple 5-6k retail shearlings and a high neck moto horse hide jacket plus an alpaca wool trouser.

Is this someone on here?

13. dji0

dji0 Senior member

sharing a couple of Deepti silver pieces I picked up in the past few months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dji0

dji0 Senior member

and an Incarnation red reza, colour is much nicer in person but we don't get much sunlight in the PNW so photos suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

PNW? Are you in... Seattle??? Please bring more fashion to the area :)

Had a lining added to my Guidi bag, turned out really well.

Natural persimmon dye with sumi brushstrokes

[​IMG]