• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

arnold brandt

arvi

Reaction score
any comments on arnold brandt..i've bought a few suits and sports jackets at SF over the last year..i usually buy made in italy and this line is made in canada(albeit some beautiful italian fabrics)..i find the fit and styling very italian;nice 3 button jackets with high side vents and pleated, wider bottom pants..should i feel unfaithful to my country of choice?
lookaround.gif

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like it, who cares where it's made- that's my take. My limited experience with AB was that it was pretty good- not worth retail at all but if you can find a deal and the brand fits you well, you could do a LOT worse.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fused. Thick. Average-looking = looks good with A-E Park Avenues.

ROI

Reaction score
Two notes: Saks outlet stores typically have tons of Arnold Brandt at half off. I've seen complete size runs of basic suits and coats. Also, Brandt is coming out with a premium line of tailored clothing that will be made in Italy. You may be able to have your cake.

arvi

Reaction score
Two notes: Â Saks outlet stores typically have tons of Arnold Brandt at half off. Â I've seen complete size runs of basic suits and coats. Â Also, Brandt is coming out with a premium line of tailored clothing that will be made in Italy. Â You may be able to have your cake.
forgot to mention that i've only bought at sale(40-50% off)
thumbs-up.gif
looking forward to new line..thanks for the heads-up

MaxTO

Reaction score
I've recently acquired an Arnold Brandt SB navy blazer. I found the fit to be very good, with no alterations required at all. If fit well through the shoulders AND the waist for me (which I usually have problems with, since I have fairly broad shoulders)

I can't really comment on quality as I am not an expert on clothing/materials/construction etc.

I did pay full retail, but it was a lot cheaper than what else they had (which also didn't fit as well - Hugo, Canali etc.)

Etruscan

Reaction score
I have a cotton-poplin Brandt suit, obviously for summer, that's light grey with a slight iridiscent dusty gold sheen to it. I picked it up very cheaply (<$100) at Filene's Basement, such that having the waist taken in seemed like a justifiable expense. I find the suit good for business wear on those occasional dog days. I think I paid an appropriate sum given its intrinsic and utilitarian value, but full retail, whatever it may have come to, would have been too much.

Generally speaking I've noted that Brandt fabrics are often very good (commonly Italian-made) but that the cut is too generous and the detailing rather ho-hum--rather like Southwick or Hart Schaffner & Marx.

I hope this is helpful.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently saw an Arnold Brant (no "d") suit at Marshalls, and was thoroughly unimpressed with the construction. This one was fused (I think they do both fused and half-canvas) and really didn't seem any better than the department-store grade CK and DKNY suits it shared a rack with (and which cost significantly less). Given the mostly positive comments I've seen on this brand here, I suspect that Brant makes for more than one quality point, and the points are pretty far apart.

aybojs

Reaction score
I dislike them not only for the fusing and uninspiring cuts/styling, but because, at least in retail stores, they advertise themselves exclusively on the basis of having Loro Piana fabric, placing their label only inside the suit coat as if to shamefully hide the distance in reputation between the maker and the fabric source. It's the retail version of the Tessuto Ermenegildo Zegna trick.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janetmorris23