• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are you even a little amjack?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
an amjack hijack.
plain.gif

Hey, you say "tomato," I say "putang ina mo." Whatever.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Yeah, I wear my shirts untucked and talk like a bro. My style is definately more amjack than hipster because I ******* hate hipsters.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
All these categories. What the hell is a "hipster" and what do you find so easy to hate about them?

Polaroids and Kaiser helmets.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes.

I own a Hugo Boss belt, a Hugo Boss button up, a Hugo Boss suit, Armani wool pants, and I refer to two of my friends as "braaas" (a little different than bro but still in the same vein)

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have an amjacky hugo boss shirt. I don't wear it anymore. Stazy, Armani, by virtue, isn't amjack. I still have a ton of Armani stuff and I don't know how any of it could be construed that way, unless you're talking AX logo-wear.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Polaroids and Kaiser helmets.
misogyny, fingerless gloves, tight jeans, and not looking good. In general, spending lots of money on clothes, trying very hard to look different and scorning those who don't follow them while still not looking good.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Sure, I have a pair of black square-toed Kenneth Cole shoes, several stripey shirts that I wear untucked with my 7's and PDC's. You got a problem with that bro?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
You got a problem with that bro?

I thought all of the AmJacks were saying "bra" now.

As for me, it's super casual day at the office, so I'm wearing a rugby shirt, jeans, and my Rod Lavers. I think this puts me in the preppy category, rather than AmJack. However, the jeans are by Diesel, so I'm close to the line.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
I thought all of the AmJacks were saying "bra" now.

Guess that's why I'm only a little AJ
smile.gif
Actually, I can't really see myself using either of those phrases - just not my style.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No. Just...no.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my moments. A few weeks ago in Boston went up with the "bros" to do a little clubbing downtown. Wore my slim fit CT shirt untucked of course, dark Diesel jeans, and Hugo Boss loafers. Drank Belvedere Tonics and did a few Jaeger shots when bought for me. Danced the whole night with lots of women and had a blast. I wanted to be comfortable when I was out on the floor. I certainly didn't want to be the stuffy old guy worrying more about what he looks like than having a good time while standing in the corner watching the people dance.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I still have a ton of Armani stuff and I don't know how any of it could be construed that way, unless you're talking AX logo-wear.
I have a grey ax cotton beanie that has the words "ax", "armani", and "exchange" written on it in indecipherable graffiti (scrawled upside down, backwards, sloppily etc.) No one has ever been able to read it. Is that amjack? I like wearing it because it doesn't mess up my hair like wool hats. Plus it seems to have an intimidating effect on people, which is weird because I'm a very non-intimidating person. Also it distracts the eye, so it is very rare that anyone I know recognizes me when I wear it, it's like an invisibility cloak when you want some anonymity.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads