• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are men's bare ankles sexy?

GlennGould

Reaction score
not sexy at all...

girls are very turned off by that...esp if the hair on the legs peek through the rolled up jeans...*shivers*

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's what bikers wear here in the PNW. a pretty common look if you're going for that "college nerdy but cool guy" look.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
it's what the biker from the Village People wears. a pretty common look if you're going for that "gay biker look".
Not surprising.
tounge.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Why do people pay $450 for stiff, uncomfortable, tight jeans?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
This has gotta be socal's favorite thread of all time.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Bare ankles are sexy when you aren't supposed to see them...like peeking out of one's proper trousers.

Seeing them in shorts and flip flops...nope.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ay why the **** are the lanvin shirts so damn short? The small double collar ones, **** was annoying. And why are the tiny scarf-ties half a million dollars?

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Why do people pay $450 for stiff, uncomfortable, tight jeans?

Oh but I've yet to see someone buy $450 stiff, uncomfortable, tight jeans!
(Someone prove me wrong please!)

I'm not gay so I the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach resulting from seeing guy ankles doesn't matter but my gf says no.

The rolled up thing with red line selvedge looks kind've retro cool though.

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Bare ankles are sexy when you aren't supposed to see them...like peeking out of one's proper trousers.

Seeing them in shorts and flip flops...nope.

This is understandable to a degree, but as far as forbidden peeks go an ankle flash happens nearly every step and they basically give you a full show when sitting down. Very different than thigh under a skirt or a momentarily exposed midriff.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Oh yah...and showing your ankles is free. Unless you buy a sale suit, then you'll have to pay for alterations.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've personally rethought my views on the many variations of longer shorts/shorter pants worn more predominently in Europe by men. I have seen beautiful executions of this, and now, men wearing shorts in the US tend to look at tad backwards/ridiculous to me, but all that depends on the man, naturally. I do like the summer look of rolled up casual linen pants with sandals/flip-flops on men. A lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads