• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are men's bare ankles sexy?

sloguy

Reaction score
I recently was reading some fashion articles on mens jeans that were dealing with rolling up the jean or pant to show off the bare ankle. Anyone out there into this look? I personally like the look and often wear my jeans rolled up. Rolled-up jeans look great when wearing flipflops in the summer. Other shoes work as well but you must not wear socks.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1900 years after Plutarch, 300 years after the dawn of industry, 60 years after splitting the atom, the human race finally discovers that men's ankles are sexy. What developments this century brings.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
No, they are not sexy by any means.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know if they are sexy per se, but I'm not going to stop wearing flip flops in the sweltering heat despite what certain forum members may think.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I'm not going to stop wearing flip flops in the sweltering heat despite what certain forum members may think.

devil.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yes, if you like men.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Very sexy.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of rolled up jeans look quite good, but it really depends on your general style. While not always the most "fashionable" by forum standards the hippie/vegan/bike messanger kids in gainesville do this quite often with sandals or no-sock showing vans/chucks and it looks quite good on them. I think it looks better than if they were to actually wear them straight down. Also, the added function of it being really hot in this weather and the fact that most of them ride road bikes adds to it in my opinion. There are plenty of flaws in those people's style but i do admire the casual, i don't care attitude when certain individuals (those with good personal style) are able to pull off that whole look very well.

That being said, boat shoes and the sockless shoes with shorts is what you see all the forum members here and sufu doing when wearing shorts. I don't know about if it's because it's sexy, but it generally looks better.

ts4them

Reaction score
Mine unfortunately are not. I'm thinking about getting them 'done' next year, but by then the trend of showing them off will be over
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics