• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are Burberry Scarves Tacky?

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both scarves are burberry. The darker scarf is 2 patterns, one each side. The camera flash brightened them.
HPIM2117.jpg
One is gayer than the other.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
I have a wool grey nova check that I have had for a few years. It is just part of the Potomac MD uniform that I have not been willing to give up won't give up my ferregamo loafers either. The only time they are tacky is if you are trying to hard.

Casey

Reaction score
Exactly, I would say wear the check scarf if you like it because you shouldn't NOT buy it if you do. However, I would reccomend a charcoal/black or something dark color pattern as suggested earlier, they just look so much better.

Banana Republic has a pretty good selection of scarves this season with lots of stripes that might be of interest for anybody looking for a good mid-range scarf.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the same as wearing diesel, hugo boss, armani, prada, or gucci. You're being labeled.

I would never wear one because that would make me on the same level as everyone else that wears one (who as mentioned before, are usually douches who want that status symbol).

Personally, even if it looks good, I simply refuse to have that stigma. But hey, if you really like it and don't mind its abundance, go for it.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
XenoX101;1516630 said:
It's the same as wearing diesel, hugo boss, armani, prada, or gucci.

They are only tacky if you wear them in conjuction with said labels above which means you are trying to hard.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HATORI HANZO;1516686 said:
Originally Posted by XenoX101
It's the same as wearing diesel, hugo boss, armani, prada, or gucci.

They are only tacky if you wear them in conjuction with said labels above which means you are trying to hard.

Exactly. I'm imagining some kind of brown trench with some nice trousers, nice lace ups, and the Burberry. Nothing wrong with that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
cldpsu;1516716 said:
Originally Posted by HATORI HANZO

Exactly. I'm imagining some kind of brown trench with some nice trousers, nice lace ups, and the Burberry. Nothing wrong with that.

dayuse????????????

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
*******. All I know is I'm probably never going to pick up a tan Burberry check scarf in my life. If I was given one, I'd utilize the hell out of it though.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I wear a scarf when it is ridiculously cold and I can't afford to be sick, any other time i've tried I've felt they've femmed up my fit. It could be because I don't wear them right but still, I don't think its the pattern... I think scarves as a whole are a bit 'uhhh...' they are necessary and so I won't call them tacky, just not for me.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you know where I could get one, Peter?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get a lot of compliments when I wear my J Press scarf, so +1 on that.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
It's the same as wearing diesel, hugo boss, armani, prada, or gucci. You're being labeled.
next i remember that when I wear my Gucci stuff. Auto-douche right lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads