• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Brattman

Reaction score
@brokeassp I absolutely love mine! It hasn't been the right combination of cold + wet yet this year to warrant wearing it under my field jacket, but I wear it on its own a lot. Great silhouette, breaks the wind, and provides good warmth for the weather where I live so far this year (around 5 degrees Celsius).

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any fit pics? are there drawstrings on the cuff and hem?

Last edited:

Yexu5y

Reaction score
Thoughts on the monitor down jacket and the mionn vest?

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score
The monitor down jacket is very warm and wonderfully constructed. I believe it is one of the most insulated jackets in the Veilance lineup. It wasn't right for me as it would be too much for a D.C. winter but I imagine it'd be perfect in colder climes.

Last edited:

NicholasEdwin

Reaction score
Well I just received the 2013 Therme in Black from the warranty department and to my surprise it DOES have a 2-way zipper. Usually wear a small in Veilance and I think I should have downsized to a XS in the Therme; still the small looks great. Glad I took peoples advice on the Therme, much warmer than any Veilance jacket.

Last edited:

NicholasEdwin

Reaction score
It is, can not even tell the difference in quality compared to the made in Canada Veilance. I guess they must have took out the 2-way zipper on the 2014 versions.

mclmm

Reaction score
I wonder if it'll have a two way zipper.

Well I just received the 2013 Therme in Black from the warranty department and to my surprise it DOES have a 2-way zipper. Usually wear a small in Veilance and I think I should have downsized to a XS in the Therme; still the small looks great. Glad I took peoples advice on the Therme, much warmer than any Veilance jacket.

The one I just received through retail also has a two way zipper.

Overall it's a beautifully constructed and subdued appearing parka. However, it doesn't fit my body type, and it's nothing that a size change will fix. I bought a small and the arms are a touch long and way too tight, and the chest is a snug. A medium would be way too long in the arms and the parka length would be at my knees. :(

johanm

Reaction score
Picked up this season's Monitor Down coat. The patterning is incredible - it's uncanny how they've managed to design a full fledged down parka to be so comfy and flattering.

Yexu5y

Reaction score
Picked up this season's Monitor Down coat. The patterning is incredible - it's uncanny how they've managed to design a full fledged down parka to be so comfy and flattering.

Glad you're enjoying yours!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members