1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Caligari, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Both the Camosun and the Therme do not have a 2 way.

2. Mugiwara

Mugiwara Member

Well then this is disappointing coming from an Arc'teryx staff member

3. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Why don't you outline what you're looking for in a winter coat. Just look at the Camosun picture and you'll notice a stopper at the bottom of the zip. IIRC the only bird jackets with a two-way zip is the Khuno and Galvanic but for the length of the Camosun, it doesn't really need a two-way.

4. johanm

johanm Senior member

Could you elaborate on what you mean by efficient here? Having a hard time between the Field IS, Node, and the Monitor Down. Think the Field IS looks the best but unsure if would be as warm as the down ones. Would appreciate any thoughts!

5. Mulan

Mulan Senior member

It's just an opinion of mine that the Field IS is better, their best piece ever made actually. It's got two more pockets than the node, the hood can be stuffed away into the collar area and it cost less simply because it doesn't use down. With proper layering underneath, either one will get you through the winter.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. Mugiwara

Mugiwara Member

@Caligari How is this sizing on the Therme? 5'7" / 175lbs good for a Medium?

7. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

I'm 6' and 190 and I wear anything from a medium to an XL in the Bird. My Therme is M.

8. mclmm

mclmm Member

Mugiwara, I'm the same height and weight as you, and I just ordered a small. Hopefully it has enough room in the shoulders and chest.

Now I need to dump my 8 year old Canada Goose parka. The CG clones seem to multiply exponentially every winter. I'm out.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  9. NicholasEdwin

NicholasEdwin Member

Spoke to the warranty department and the Therme will be returning next winter, also I was able to find out that the Monitor Shell for Spring/Summer will be available in the Neptune Light colour from this winter. Altitude Sports still has the Therme (Black) for 20% OFF this black friday.

10. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Great decision to bring back the Therme because the Camosun is just CRAP.

11. mclmm

mclmm Member

I wonder if it'll have a two way zipper.

12. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

thoughts on Mion IS jackets?

13. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

@brokeassp I absolutely love mine! It hasn't been the right combination of cold + wet yet this year to warrant wearing it under my field jacket, but I wear it on its own a lot. Great silhouette, breaks the wind, and provides good warmth for the weather where I live so far this year (around 5 degrees Celsius).

14. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

any fit pics? are there drawstrings on the cuff and hem?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  15. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

Thoughts on the monitor down jacket and the mionn vest?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  16. WSW

WSW Senior member

The monitor down jacket is very warm and wonderfully constructed. I believe it is one of the most insulated jackets in the Veilance lineup. It wasn't right for me as it would be too much for a D.C. winter but I imagine it'd be perfect in colder climes.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  17. NicholasEdwin

NicholasEdwin Member

Well I just received the 2013 Therme in Black from the warranty department and to my surprise it DOES have a 2-way zipper. Usually wear a small in Veilance and I think I should have downsized to a XS in the Therme; still the small looks great. Glad I took peoples advice on the Therme, much warmer than any Veilance jacket.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  18. Caligari

Caligari Senior member

Nice! I'd heard that change was coming. Glad you like the Therme it's quite amazing.

19. NicholasEdwin

NicholasEdwin Member

It is, can not even tell the difference in quality compared to the made in Canada Veilance. I guess they must have took out the 2-way zipper on the 2014 versions.

20. mclmm

mclmm Member

The one I just received through retail also has a two way zipper.

Overall it's a beautifully constructed and subdued appearing parka. However, it doesn't fit my body type, and it's nothing that a size change will fix. I bought a small and the arms are a touch long and way too tight, and the chest is a snug. A medium would be way too long in the arms and the parka length would be at my knees. :(