• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apc thighs/calves stretching

Status
Not open for further replies.

blam89

Reaction score
i searched and i couldn't find a definitive answer

i just bought a pair of apc rescue's. i originally was going to buy the new standards, but i found that when i found a size that i could barely button at all, the thigh and calve areas were much too tight for my liking. so i tried on a pair of rescues, which i manged to button up (with a lot of difficulty) but had the right fit around the thighs/calves.
my question is, do the thighs/calves stretch out as substantially as the waist will?
and if the pair i just bought i managed to button up after a lot of effort, does this mean the waist will eventually expand to the point where its too roomy?

thanks in advance

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a whole APC thread with questions like this.

If it's too tight to button up now that means that more than likely it will fit fine once it stretches out. Many people have done the same as you have and it supposedly stretches 2" in the waist. Calves/thighs will stretch but just a bit, nowhere near as much as the waist. Special flower.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SPECIAL. *******. FLOWER.

God, this question is asked like every 3 pages. NO THEY DONT STRETCH THAT MUCH.

hamish5178

Reaction score
If you can get them on, then they will fit fine once stretched. My New Standards were skin-tight on the calfs when new, but between the slight stretching there, and the stretching at the waist (which makes them sit lower) they are perfect.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have rescues and they are BALL TIGHT. If done again, I wouldnt size down 2/3. Brah, thighs dont stretfch much. get what feels good man.

airblaster503

Reaction score
It is really easy to figure this out. If there is stress on the denim, it will stretch. Plus you should have noticed the newbie denim thread up top or searched for the APC thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads