• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone Try the New Miller Chelada Style Beer?

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Not from Mexico, I'm in Costa Rica. Drink is common here and in Panama/Nicaragua.

And yes, it's called a "MIchelada" here, not a "chelada."

Interesting.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what i don't understand is the desire to buy something that emulates something else, rather than simply buying/making the real thing.

all you need is a beer, worsteshire (sp?) sauce, hot sauce, salt, ice cubes and lemon. some people add black pepper.

i would imagine that every bar already has these ingredients, and most people already have them at home.

englandmj7, i am from mexico and have never heard of a 'chelada'.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure Miller wasn't going to name their beer something with "Miche"[lob] in the title.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Not from Mexico, I'm in Costa Rica. Drink is common here and in Panama/Nicaragua."

At least your mainstream national beers are much better than ours. I know few people with taste buds who wouldn't take a Bavaria (my favorite Tico beer) or Imperial over a Bud, Coors, or MGD.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Bavaria is one thing, but I think Imperial began as a way to control rat urine from flooding the country. Pilsen is only marginally better but it's still total crap.

Most Ticos that have been to the US will tell you that they LOVE Miller Lite. Go figure.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has ever had one, is a real chelada actually any good? Seems to me I have never had a "mixed" drink from beer (unless you count putting lime in)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11
To anyone who has ever had one, is a real chelada actually any good? Seems to me I have never had a "mixed" drink from beer (unless you count putting lime in)
Like I said before, it can be refreshing but it's not something I could drink every day. I like the taste of beer so drowning it out with two other strong flavors would get old. But then the Germans have something similar, albeit sweeter, with radler. While I like radler, you can't help but think you're essentially drinking a Zima.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contactme_11

if you are referring to a michelada, they are good, but it depends on who makes them and how. i'm with whodini in that i like them, but i generally prefer a plain beer with lime.

iamaloser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
No, but I thought it was funny that this beer came out right after there was an article in GQ (or maybe it was Men's Vogue) about making a chelada at home.

All of the mens lifestyle magazines have been pushing it for some reason (GQ, Penthouse, et al) and I guess Miller decided to capitalize on that. Maybe the lime and salt companies have expanded their respective marketing departments? Come to think of it, I've used more limes in the past month than I have in the past year...

zacharydschroeder

Reaction score
yeah it was GQ that had the article about cheladas. It inspired me to make one. I thought it was pretty good. I like them better with lemon than with lime, and I'd still rather have a Leinenkugels any day, but its a nice change of pace.
As far as the Michelada goes, I wasn't nuts about it.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I split a 6 pack with the girlfriend a month or two ago of the Miller Chills. They've been in florida for a couple months now. They're not as disgusting as people are saying. I don't like corona at all, but these are alright. Not something i'd drink a lot of, but i wouldn't mind drinking one with a meal or if i'm just hanging out. They're pretty refreshing and have a different taste. I'm not saying it's really good or anything, i just am not really as disgusted with them as some other people are. I've never made my own though. I don't really care to make one, and i probably won't buy another 6pack of miller chill but i'd drink it if it was at someone's house for a change.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics