• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have any experience with this cut from Hugo Boss?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this model and don't think it's the proper fit for my body type. It's a slim-fitting shirt through the arm hole and the chest if you buy your proper neck size. Although I typically wear a 16, because of the slimness through the arm hole and chest, I ended up getting a 17, since the sizes of these two areas increased accordingly with neck size. However, with this particular model, there is a noticeable difference in the bagginess of the body of the shirt between 16 and 17. Thus, I have a shirt that fits great in the chest and arms, is a tad too baggy in the body (although it's still tailored and not hugely sack like). The neck is a little too big, so it's not a shirt I intend to wear with a tie - just paired with slacks for business casual. Otherwise, it's a decent shirt, if not for the construction, the color/design.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I got a 15.5, which is my regular size. I am 39in at the chest, and about 32-33 in the waist. I like my shirts pretty form fitting. The slim fit shirts I've gotten from Pink have gotten baggier around the waist and arms, so they don't fit as well as they used to. Will this be a better fit?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think Enzox is HB's slimmest fitting model, but tailored nonetheless. I can't really comment on how your next size and chest size will correspond with the shirt. If it's helpful, I believe my chest measures somewhere around 40-42, and a next size of 16 in say a Brooks Brothers Slim Fit dress shirt fits nicely with a tie. A 16 Enzox would looked "stretched" around the chest if I buttoned it up.

uslexus

Reaction score
I have no experience with this line, but I do own many HB shirts and am pretty happy with them. I have come across a few that just don't fit me property, especially in the chest, but overall I can't complain.

I'm glad to hear there isn't too much HB bashing going on yet. I look at it this way, if you like it, if it fits great and looks good, then buy more!

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uslexus
I have no experience with this line, but I do own many HB shirts and am pretty happy with them. I have come across a few that just don't fit me property, especially in the chest, but overall I can't complain.

I'm glad to hear there isn't too much HB bashing going on yet. I look at it this way, if you like it, if it fits great and looks good, then buy more!

The only HB stuff that's really hated around here are the suits and shoes. I understand the shoes, I think they are pretty crappy. The suits I think are just fine when it's the right cut at the right price (which is hard to find from HB, but when you do, it's a pretty good buy). As for the shirts, I have no experience, but I think that they are certainly pretty fairly priced, when you think about what shirts sell for $200+ and these start at $85.

As to whether this is their slimmest or not, I agree, it probably isn't, but I like my dress shirts sized by neck measure, not s, m, l, etc, which their slim fit ones are, afaik.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads