• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a Wood and Faulk bag?

LukeM

Reaction score
I stumbled across this Wood&Faulk and there is no reference to the quality of these bags on styleforum or anywhere for that matter. Can anyone vouch for the quality of their bags? Is it worth the relatively low price?

Last edited:

macklondon

Reaction score
Hey, did you pick one of these up in the end? I love the look of them. Think i'm gonna hit the order button tomorrow.

Gorpomon

Reaction score
I just got a Wood & Faulk bag, specifically that blue leather one the OP has pictured.

I'll post some pics and my initial thoughts on this thread so future people considering WF have something to go on.

WF Service:
Before I ordered I asked Matt @ WF if the blue bag was suitable for a laptop. He informed me that some of his friends use it for this, but that the bag is not padded. Upon receiving the bag, that was pretty much the case. After ordering the bag was shipped pretty much immediately. Bag came wonderfully packaged, though had some flecks on it, nothing a lint roller can't pick up. All in all, great service and honest about the product, very happy with that.

The bag:
It's not marketed as a laptop bag, and I knew going in that its not ideal for carrying one around. Having put my laptop in it, I can verify that that's pretty much the case. My laptop kind of slumps over while inside. I have a 17" wide screen Compaq beater, so I don't mind, but I wouldn't put your new Macbook Air inside without a covering. Happy that the 17" laptop fits fine in it. All that being said, while driving, the bag flew out of my front seat and onto the floor, and it didn't sound like much moved inside...

It closes with two straps, I thought they would be more hasselsome, but after a night out working in coffee shops with the bag, I actually didn't mind them and found they close the bag quite well.

The shoulder strap is the most troublesome aspect of this bag. It's thin, so its a bit hard on the shoulder, and the hooks for it are in the center of the bag, so when its on your shoulder it seems to not settle (like it might slip a bit on your shoulder still). The hooks for the shoulder strap on the ends of the bag would have been better, I think it would sit a bit firmer on the shoulder then.

The bag has good heft, seems well constructed, has a heavy metal frame at the opening and the particle board bottom seems very thick, thicker than I thought it would be.

Overall, pretty happy about the bag, I'm curious to see how it will hold up over time, but if it does, I can see myself getting some of the other WF products. If they were to have some sort of partition inside, so it could fit a laptop without it slumping over, or extra pockets, I think it would be over the top. I say that last comment knowing that this bag really wasn't meant for that, I just couldn't resist that blogger blue so I got this one. Ah, final note, the bag is not nearly as bright as the pictures on the website, in low light it seems like a much darker blue than the pictures suggest, not a problem for me though.

Pics:

1. How the bag came

2. Bag laying open with strap

3. Bag with Book and laptop

4. Holding Bag on Shoulder

5. Holding bag by handles

sjoseph

Reaction score
Any updates on the bag? Is that the 20" bag, or the 16?" Looks like it might be the 20".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads