• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone have a Tom Ford suit hanger they would sell?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Buy new Tom Ford suit that comes on fancy hanger
2. Return Tom Ford suit without the hanger.
3. ??????????????

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Larson McCord
He's out to buy a TOM FORD hanger, how are they different than normal hangers other than saying his name on it?

I'm assuming that the BG hanger the OP received with the suit is not as nice as this:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...om+ford+hanger , which is what I further assume the OP wanted.

These TF hangers are high quality and top of the line. Is it too much to ask a "premier" department store to include a high quality hanger with the purchase of a high quality suit, even if it means being out $10-$20 for the cost of the hanger?

I don't give a crap either way, but I think the OP has a point, and I think BG, while they rather not give the hanger with each suit purchase, are well within their means to do so. But if the OP just wants a run of the mill hanger with the TF name, then OP is just a brand/label whore who can go cry to his mama.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Matching hangers without a logo of any kind is where it's at. Totally.

Buck Rogers

Reaction score
OK, some thoughts:

1. Some of this criticism has actually made me re-evaluate whether or not I should be using the branded hangers in my closet - I think this Hanger Project idea may be worth looking into...
2. On the other hand, some of the hangers are REALLY cool looking. My favorite are probably the red composite Isaia hangers with the velvet pant bar. Cucinelli also makes a cool cream hanger that I like and the Tom Ford wood hanger is just plain awesome...

I think both approaches are valid, but I don't understand why it is being a "label whore" to appreciate the various branded hangers. I actually think that it is just another "detail" that I appreciate about a good suit.

In any event, I appreciate all the responses!

sfnapolifan

Reaction score
i wouldn't be surprised if they don't actually have the hanger to give to you. i think many of the department stores only use the fancy wooden hangers (like you see for tom ford and loro piana) for display, and actually receive the garments for sale on ****** plastic hangers or not on hangers at all. if we were talking about a composite mainetti hanger (like those used to display kiton, isaia, cuccinelli, et al), i could relate--unless i'm getting a deep discount, i expect one of those to be included (and i expect it to be the right size--sometimes it isn't because many sales associates don't realize that hangers are sized).

it's a nice touch that the tf boutique includes these with a purchase, but worth remembering that nothing is free--you're paying for it somehow.

if you are thinking about getting your own hangers, consider toscanini as an alternative to the hanger project (http://www.toscanini.it/#/prodotti/ -- i prefer the ones featured on this page to the su misura line). looks like that's where loro piana sources their hangers, and i wouldn't be surprised if tf uses them too. mainetti's consumer offerings unfortunately suck. their composite hangers (those used by the brands mentioned above) are a good, lower-cost alternative to wood and i would consider buying a bunch of them if they made an unbranded version for retail sale.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't want that wooden Tom Ford hanger. Square neck hangers are terrible for storing a jacket. The collars form unnaturally and stretch. Rounded where the collar rests is what you want. The square is better for stacking, storing and shipping but not good for keeping a jacket. Just sayin'

KenRose

Reaction score
Don't be a dick. The guy bought a TF suit, if he wants it on a TF hanger it's up to him. Just cause he wants his hanger doesn't make him a label whore.
Originally Posted by redips
Obsessive Compulsives replace their Tom Ford hangers with a hanger from a matching set. That way every hanger in the closet is the same, and every article hangs perfectly. Label whores collect hangers.

KenRose

Reaction score
You're not a label whore, that guy who called you one is a dickhead. As I told you, I have 3 TF hangers. Two are in my friend's closet in Phoenix where I left them when I picked up my suits and one is in my guest bedroom closet. I have all matching hangers in my closet, and have just replaced all my trouser hangers cause I needed a few more and they didn't match. Having said that, I would insist that Bergdorf Goodman give you that hanger if they plan on doing business with your pimp ass in the future!!!
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
OK, some thoughts:

1. Some of this criticism has actually made me re-evaluate whether or not I should be using the branded hangers in my closet - I think this Hanger Project idea may be worth looking into...
2. On the other hand, some of the hangers are REALLY cool looking. My favorite are probably the red composite Isaia hangers with the velvet pant bar. Cucinelli also makes a cool cream hanger that I like and the Tom Ford wood hanger is just plain awesome...

I think both approaches are valid, but I don't understand why it is being a "label whore" to appreciate the various branded hangers. I actually think that it is just another "detail" that I appreciate about a good suit.

In any event, I appreciate all the responses!

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once bought a cheap RTW linen jacket of a local brand and got it with a very nice wooden Kiton hanger. Reading this thread I understand that maybe I should feel very grateful.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Buck Rogers
I recently purchased a Tom Ford suit at Bergdorf Goodman and had it shipped to me. When I opened the box, I realized that they shipped me a Bergdorf hanger, versus, the Tom Ford hanger. When I called the store, they told me that they don't give out the Tom Ford hangers, because they have a limited number and they reuse them (kind of bush league in my opinion). I called the Tom Ford store in NYC and they told me that they don't sell the hangers and the only way to get one is to buy another suit! I know it is a weird peccadillo, but I like the hanger to match the suit in my closet - anyone have one they would sell to me or does anyone know of another way of getting one? Thanks!

How very odd - at the least.

tazmaniac

Reaction score
DieThreadDie.jpg

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ I'm with you ... I'd have thought this thread would be long gone by now ... and rightly so.

It's nothing but a damn coat hanger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads