• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone done laser teeth whitening?

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking into this, and there seems to be a big variation on brands/methods used, not to mention price. Wondering if anyone has experience they can share.

vanity

Reaction score
I have thought about it many, many times. But the 7-day things you buy and wear 2x per day seem to work AWESOME. Crest makes one that I pickup at Sam's Club for $50. It has 2 10-day whiteners. I give one to my gf and I use the other. For $25, it's hard to throw against the $300 for laser. And I'm a HUGE coffee drinker so I'm really worried about ruining the whole laser treatment. That and it's usually "too white". I don't want Jessica Simpson teeth. Here's a pick:
crest-whitestrips-pre-p.jpg

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done it once. It lasted around 5 years. Painless, takes about an hour. No pain no trays no sensitivity.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There can be pain during the procedure and sensitivity for a few days afterward. It's celebrity veneers and deceptive advertising that give the impression that results will be very white.

sartoriallychallenged

Reaction score
Crest White Strips are the best ever, even better than some professional dentist treatments (and no, I'm not a shill). Seriously, people compliment me about my white teeth ALL THE TIME (it actually freaks me out lol). I drink tea and coffee daily, too. I did one course of the whitestrips to lighten my teeth and then I've used one set (as in one single upper and lower set) once every 3-4 months for maintenance and they've worked great! It really does work and then they somehow seem to prevent future staining too. But I also used crest dual whitening toothpaste daily.

I'm hooked. And hey, if anyone from Crest reads this...call my agent, I'll do a commercial for you LOL

TheClearanceGuy

Reaction score
I don't buy that this these things don't effect the health of the tooth and gums.
You need brush with an extra soft brush with Peelu in paste.
Floss
Oral Irrigate (every day)
Herbal/ Coenzyme 10 mouthrinse.

All minerals in diet...minimal wine and smoking...

Can we do anything about Fluorosis naturally?

Eagle

Reaction score
If you happen to be a frequent tea or coffee drinker or, gasp, a smoker (if you are, do yourself a favor and stop it!) you will pay $300 to $500 for a result that will fade away within four to six weeks. Go with the white stripes!
wink.gif

taktikz

Reaction score
Was thinking of getting Zoom2 whitening, but after seeing so many positive reviews on the Crest Whitening strips, I'm definitely trying them out...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads