• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any snowboarders?

changy

Reaction score
custom x from bought from sierra snowboard before they went bankrupt.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Nike boots?

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burton everything...brah. Let's talk hills. Where are you headed?

Orange

Reaction score
Get the skate banana. I tried most boards from the Burton(Vapor was fun too...fast) to Solomon to K9. Skate Banana made snowboarding fun again.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Burton everything...brah. Let's talk hills. Where are you headed?

Vail and Beaver Creek

Orange

Reaction score
East cost means you will need magnatraction for the tricky ice parts.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WoodyStylee
Big fan of Rome snowboards. I have a Rome for Park/freestlye, and a Palmer for Powder/Big mtn.

This. Rome has served me well, I'm a fanboy haha.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Vail and Beaver Creek

Been to Beaver Creek...it's pretty nice. If you haven't been to Telluride yet you have to try and get out there.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Burton Custom...perfect all mountain board. Although Rome is solid, too. One of lead Burton guys left Burton to start his own company and Rome was the result.

spauldingsmails

Reaction score
I've riden Burton, K2, Solomon, and Arbor over the past 18 years. Kind of like surfing, my board of choice totally depends on the conditions that I am riding. I was in Jackson Hole a couple of weeks ago and my Arbor A-Frame (162) was perfect. Had no problem making deep carves at speed and it's nimble enough to manuever through the trees and VW sized bumps. As for bindings, I have been riding on K2's Clicker setup for 15 years. Love them!

You should check out the K2 "Believer" as it seems to be getting amazing reviews...

http://k2snowboarding.com/snowboards/believer

Peace!

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Been to Beaver Creek...it's pretty nice. If you haven't been to Telluride yet you have to try and get out there.

Telluride is the **** although a little more accessable to skiers at the top-end (fully open trees and backcountry as well as ungroomed runs with pretty tight moguls). They have a pretty expanded beginner/intermediate area I suppose but so much of the draw of that area is the expert terrain off of lift 9 (and 6 I think) and some of the back bowls that have opened up.

It is not often that you see someone on a snowboard in those types of places that doesn't look like they are bumblefucking their way though it...but when you see somebody who has actually mastered their board (rather than just figuring "whatever, I can half-assed slide down anything") it looks pretty baller.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
09 Burton Hero 152:
100_3601.jpg

08 Burton Custom 158:
100_2783.jpg

Lotta good times were had on these older decks I've held on to (99 Morrow TR 154, 00 Custom 156, 01 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn 157W):
100_2809.jpg

If I were to get another board right now, it'd probably be the current 2011 Burton Custom 154:
231421000154_1.jpeg

Buuuuuuuuuuut, since I'm not riding much this season, I'm thinking of getting either a 12 Lib T.Rice 153 or Attack Banana 153 (already available) next year:

24744.jpg

Attack-BananaPhotoshop.jpg

bant

Reaction score
I can't say enough good things about the Rome Mod for all mountain riding - good pick if you're down with regular camber.

But next year I am itching for the lib tech t rice pro CB2TX. burton boards are overpriced crap IMHO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads