1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Any snowboarders?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by whnay., Jan 28, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ nice. ill do that soon enough. finally getting some snow in NORCAL. will finally get to use the season pass next week :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  2. Aditi190

Aditi190 Active Member

I like Skiing, I have tried it so many times in India. It was really an amazing experience.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

whats the best place to snowboard in Jackson, WY?

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thinking of taking a trip to Chile for some "summer" riding. Anyone tried it?

5. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

Never been myself but you should be able to find some people to help over at Easyloungin.com

6. otc

otc Senior member

Was this a serious question?

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yes. had a great time. also had a chance to board in sun valley. aaaahmazing

8. otc

otc Senior member

is there a correct answer that is not jackson hole?

9. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

What time of year are you going? Do you have any experience going out of bounds? Do you have gear to go out of bounds, or would you need to be outfitted? What is your general level of fitness and snowboarding ability?

edit: sorry I didn't see this sooner, looks like you've been already.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  10. otc

otc Senior member

11. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

New shredstick: Lib Tech T.Rice Pro 153 blunt C2BTX w/ Burton Cartel bindings.

[​IMG]

12. whnay.

Hilarious, I have the same set up but with Malavita's instead of Cartel's. You will love the board - it is unbelievable in nearly all conditions. Stable at high speeds, good pop for jumps and ollies and enough flex for jibs. It does get a little wobbly at slow speeds.

I got a Burton Nug to whip around for fun this season. Going to Park City on Saturday for a week - gonna be sweet.

What are your plans this season Wes?

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'll be spending next week in Angel Fire. Ready to get out the mountain. Angel Fire looks a bit small, but should be fun regardless. I go about once a year and really should just break down and purchase a board. Would save me rental money in the long haul

14. whnay.

I think someone at Burton personally built this for me, perfect...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  15. Friday

Friday Well-Known Member

So far I have two days under my belt, both in So Cal so not super satisfying, but I plan to make it up to Whistler. I've been riding a DC Tone w/ some Forum Republic bindings. Not a bad set up, but I'm still getting used to reverse-camber/no-camber. My favorite piece of gear this season are these new Arnette Skylights I picked up recently. The fit and vision are amazing.

[​IMG]

16. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Only managed to get out twice so far, packed pow conditions both times. Board was awesome. Tbh, C2BTX is the only hybrid camber profile from any maker I was willing to consider bc I figured MagnaTraction would help with edge hold in the sketchy icy QC conditions I usually ride. Plans for this season are try to ride every other weekend, snow conditions and weather permitting. 1 week off in February so hopefully I'll get to ride more then... With the little one at home, we'll be more than happy if we manage 10-12 outings this season. Dude, does your wife ride too? My wife and I are planning to start our 2 y.o. next year.
    Nug huh? I'm debating getting a Root 144 (= zero camber Nug) to mess around on.
    Dope goggles.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Great snowboarding this year in Tahoe, reminiscent F/W 10/11

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Great snowboarding this year in Tahoe, reminiscent F/W 10/11

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Thanks man, ended up going to Jackson hole. They also had a snowmobile convention that weekend which made for a fun weekend

20. whnay.

Just back from a week in Park City - first half of the week was Blue Bird, second half was a POW fest. Riding the Nug was a blast - it handled a lot better than I imagined, even at speed. Not that great in POW, however, and my worst spill of the trip was because it washed out on me on a double blue in 8 inches of fresh powder.

Next trip for me will be Jackson in March - NAMOR, I've heard its about as difficult as it comes as far as terrian. Any observations to share?