• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any questions for CEO of Oxxford Clothing?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the Oxxford trunk show in Scottsdale this weekend, where Mr. Cohen will be presenting new lineup, etc.

Any questions about Oxxford Clothing, I'd be glad to take a list with me. Got one so far about Jack Simpson (still with Oxxford; if so, in what capacity)

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are they going to diversify their styling further? - more models with waist suppression, and so on?

lisapop

Reaction score
As long as you're asking: Oxxford needs to better coordinate the proportions of the jackets and trousers they mix and match for their MTM program.  For example, a few of the MTM suits I purchased at their NY store have narrow lapels, perhaps paying homage to Savile Row, but then the trousers they paired with the jackets are wide, wide, wide, throwing off the balance of the suit.  They need to taper the trousers accordingly.  Also, they should offer a split-back option which would go nicely with their signature high-back trousers. My Oxxford trousers have this high back, however they look kind of weird without the split (Maybe they do offer it and just didn't suggest it to me). Other than that, maybe Oxxford needs just a few more stitches under their lapels--Just kidding.
Grayson

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A comment to convey perhaps -- "don't change a thing".

Here are two:

(1) Who makes Oxxford shirts for Oxxford? Does Oxxford have its own shop? Does Kiton make them?

(2) What's the story with the new line, Oxxford Crest? Is it being discontinued, retained, expanded, etc.? They seem to have less hand work than the regular line (yet they still sell at or about the same price).

discostu004

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
a guy who buys from me who basically only buys MTM kiton and custom borrelli shirts said he had a conversation w/ an oxxford guy, can't remember the name, but he said they made him a jacket that looked very italian, none of the Americanized box fit and that it was one of the best looking pieces he owned. ask them if they're working on something that is more neapolitan.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(1) Why the single piece waistband?
(2) Why the double belt loops on the right side?
(3) Why not make double vents more ubiquitous?
(4) Why hasn't the collar shape been more modernized?
(5) Why is the lapel buttonhole so damn long?

lisapop

Reaction score
Please convey our thanks for not harming those nice African water buffalo in making the horn buttons. Also, what is John Lithgow really like?
smile.gif
Grayson

lisapop

Reaction score
When Oxxford's exclusive contract with Louis Boston for bespoke clothes expires, they ought to consider bespoke trunk shows in select cities.
Grayson

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When they're going to open other Oxxford retail stores, such as one in Washington, DC.

Why they no longer carry EG shoes and if they are planning a replacement make of shoe to carry.

lisapop

Reaction score
Why they no longer carry EG shoes and if they are planning a replacement make of shoe to carry

I can chime in that Oxxford became dissatisfied with EG over the long delays in receiving shoes from them and the difficulty in stocking the wide variety of styles, sizes and lasts---From personal experience, Oxxford's sales staff wasn't fully knowledgeable about EG lasts or other nuances of the product line, so they probably viewed the shoes as more of a hassle and customers became frustrated. As prestigious as the EG brand is among the cognoscenti, the vast majority of even Oxxford's customers are not really clued-in to EG.
Grayson

novalis

Reaction score
I spoke with the CEO Mike Cohen at their trunk show at Carroll & Co (Beverly Hills) last week. A rep from Holland & Sherry was onhand as well waxing poetic over the H&S fabrics (wonderful indeed).

Since I am of slim stature, I inquired about the best model for my body type. Mr. Cohen (who is a very young looking fellow actually) recommended a new model called the "Radcliffe" which will be officially available July 2005 (though you can apparently order it MTM now). The Radcliffe has narrow shoulders, higher gorge and thinner lapels. He didn't have one in my size but he tried on a 42 which looked quite good on him. I don't recall anything specific about the armhole though.

lisapop

Reaction score
Although I don't buy much any longer from Oxxford (Closet space maxxing out), based on past experiences it would serve them well to provide access to a wider range of quality English cloth---They need to stock a better collection of "name" swatch books, especially in heavier weights, for those men of the cloth.
Grayson

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd pay probably $20 to see pictures of your closet grayson. The offer is yours.

regularjoe

Reaction score
I'd pay probably $20 to see pictures of your closet grayson. The offer is yours.
I'm sure he could charge $20 a picture and make a killing. After seeing his shoe list from a long time ago, I can only imagine the suits, ties, and shirtings he must have amassed...

fareau

Reaction score
It sounds crass, but I would probably pitch in as well to see Marc's collection. I imagine that it is one of America's natural wonders....kind of like the Grand Canyon or Yosemite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads