• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any One for a Scotch?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree it’s good, at least from my experience. I still have the original that was released in 2007. Haven’t tried them since they’ve been numbered, but I hear good things about it.

I first tried it on a whim a few months back and was really impressed with it for what I paid. Probably got me more interested in Glenmorangie enough to try more of their releases and I’ve been pretty pleased with them.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old standby tonight.

The Macallen 12

E8E4D364-A379-417D-89BB-26F20C1351E8.jpeg

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because of my current obsession with port casks, I tried the Glenmorangie port and it was pretty good. But yes, I’m rather meh about the rest of their lineup.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Tamdhu? Have heard good things

I tried a bottle (if I'm not mistaken it was a 12 yo) a few years back. I don't recall being blown away by it, and given I usually restock bottles I loved to have them on hand, the fact that I don't have a bottle right now tells me it didn't appeal to me for one reason or another.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because of my current obsession with port casks, I tried the Glenmorangie port and it was pretty good. But yes, I’m rather meh about the rest of their lineup.
I picked up the sauternes cask (Nectar D'or) in the new packaging. Either the quality has changed or my tastes have but I used to find it a better dram. It's not bad, it just isn't particularly notable.

If you like port and peat together there are some Benriach peated port casks that are superb. That said, I only go for peat sometimes and when I do, I don't go for the sledge hammer heavy stuff.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I tried a bottle (if I'm not mistaken it was a 12 yo) a few years back. I don't recall being blown away by it, and given I usually restock bottles I loved to have them on hand, the fact that I don't have a bottle right now tells me it didn't appeal to me for one reason or another.
They recently (year or two ago) introduced a cask strength. Was going to be my consolation for missing on the Glendronach cask strength

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to try this for dessert, as it were.

IMG_2581 2.jpg

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They recently (year or two ago) introduced a cask strength. Was going to be my consolation for missing on the Glendronach cask strength

That might be interesting to me. I have 2 bottles of the 15 year old (Revival) Gleondronach, since I hadn't seen it on the shelves for a couple of years only to stumble across 2 at my local Total Wine. Haven't seen the cask strength though, but I'd love to try it.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Follow up to this. I decided to give the 12 another shot and picked up a bottle Saturday night. I was wrong about the above. It is a great whiskey for the price (think I paid $65) and now I have no clue why I didn't restock it, maybe it disappeared from the shelves for a while? I did most of my shopping at the PA Fine Wines and Spirits on Market Street in Philly which despite having a very large wine selection, had a surprisingly limited selection of single malts. In any case, I really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Follow up to this. I decided to give the 12 another shot and picked up a bottle Saturday night. I was wrong about the above. It is a great whiskey for the price (think I paid $65) and now I have no clue why I didn't restock it, maybe it disappeared from the shelves for a while? I did most of my shopping at the PA Fine Wines and Spirits on Market Street in Philly which despite having a very large wine selection, had a surprisingly limited selection of single malts. In any case, I really enjoyed it, and would highly recommend.
Interesting, maybe batch variation

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads