• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Any One for a Scotch?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're probably gonna have to just push it through and decant it.
This. Had same with a bottle of hazmat Stagg a few months back, despite tipping bottles monthly. Or you could pass it through a strainer and funnel back into bottle and cork it with a new cork..

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're probably gonna have to just push it through and decant it.
This. Had same with a bottle of hazmat Stagg a few months back, despite tipping bottles monthly. Or you could pass it through a strainer and funnel back into bottle and cork it with a new cork..
I think I’m resigned to some form of this. Might hit up the Goog for opinions. I (stupidly, in hindsight) attempted using a corkscrew for one of the bottles. Failed comically.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I’m resigned to some form of this. Might hit up the Goog for opinions. I (stupidly, in hindsight) attempted using a corkscrew for one of the bottles. Failed comically.
Lol...
I was just going to suggest a corkscrew.
I've operated on a few rotted corks with a corkscrew with success.
You have to go slow and easy, and just pretend it's delicate brain surgery.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I speak from experience lol, check the bourbon thread from a few months back

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Excellent! Nutty, oaky, hint of raisin, some stone fruit. Super long finish even at low strength. I haven’t had many Dailuaine but I do remember their juice being high quality.
View attachment 1505005
bought a 12 year cask strength of theirs recently - looking forward to trying it.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flora and fauna series is still amazing. I had an Old Particular Dailuaine that really turned me on to what they are doing. The label says smoky finish but I dont buy it. Good stuff.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flora and fauna series is still amazing. I had an Old Particular Dailuaine that really turned me on to what they are doing. The label says smoky finish but I dont buy it. Good stuff.
I can never find Flora and Fauna series, but have heard great things

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Signatory never disappoints. Their mid nineties Glenlivets were excellent and quite affordable.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to my spot tomorrow to pick up some gift bottles.
They have Octomore in @ $175.
I may not be able to resist...

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like Octomore, but man, the prices have gotten insane. Pretty sure I'd rather have three bottles of Laphroaig cask strength.

Which, by the way, is tonight's dram.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Octomore, but man, the prices have gotten insane. Pretty sure I'd rather have three bottles of Laphroaig cask strength.

Which, by the way, is tonight's dram.
I want it!!
But that's kind of how I feel about Johnny Walker Blue vs 2.5 bottles of Green.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.