• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

any info on the old AE bristol? plain toe blutcher

HanSoo417

Reaction score
I realize that the AE has reused the bristol name so the one I'm reffering to is the plain toe blutcher, not the loafer.

Anyone know where I can fin some decent pictures? more specifically I'm looking for a pic looking straigh down on it so I can see the shape of the shoe as a whole.

There's one on ebay in my size and from what little i was able to see it, seems like a decent shoe.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWOB-Allen-Edmon...item1c0dd88b19

Sean Archer

Reaction score
I bought a brown pair off ebay for around that BIN price, but mine were used. Good shoe, soft leather. I would BIN it right away unless you think there are no other people in your size.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can look through old AE catalogs here: http://issuu.com/search?q=allen+edmo...10&st=document some of the pictures are quite appealing. edit: my link takes you to page 2 of the search, too lazy to give you page 1. but you can flip through them. I would look at the late 90s, early 2000s, because I think that's when the plaintoe bristol was being sold.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's listed on page 11 of the 1996 catalog. Best of all for you, the catalog has a straight down picture AND side pictures so that you can see the toe profiles. http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/fall-1996-catalog Looks like it was made on the #1 last, which appears to be the same last that the Leeds was made on. Single leather sole, rubber heel. Available in black calf. For some reason, I believe it was also made in brown, but I may be confusing that with another model. edit: interestingly enough, looking at that catalog, it looks like AE used to describe what we would now call its burgundy shell cordovan shoes as being "black cherry shell cordovan".

HanSoo417

Reaction score
thnx for the info guys. they look good so I think I'll bid and try to get em cheap. There are very very few people with my shoe size looking to buy Allen Edmonds so i think i'll be ok. Most people in my shoe size are kids. lol If not, at least I'll be saving myself some money.

Also, what does it mean by single oak leather sole?

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
you can look through old AE catalogs here:

http://issuu.com/search?q=allen+edmo...10&st=document

some of the pictures are quite appealing.

edit: my link takes you to page 2 of the search, too lazy to give you page 1. but you can flip through them. I would look at the late 90s, early 2000s, because I think that's when the plaintoe bristol was being sold.

That link is amazing.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
That link is amazing.

Yeah, it's an unbelievable link. I think the company IT personnel did it, and then told the people at AAAC about it. Some of those 50's and 60's models are impressive. They probably lost the patterns in the fire, though.

See: AAAC posting

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
It's listed on page 11 of the 1996 catalog. Best of all for you, the catalog has a straight down picture AND side pictures so that you can see the toe profiles.

http://issuu.com/allenedmonds/docs/fall-1996-catalog

Looks like it was made on the #1 last, which appears to be the same last that the Leeds was made on. Single leather sole, rubber heel. Available in black calf.

For some reason, I believe it was also made in brown, but I may be confusing that with another model.

edit: interestingly enough, looking at that catalog, it looks like AE used to describe what we would now call its burgundy shell cordovan shoes as being "black cherry shell cordovan".

I just found a pair of Bristol in shell, and the color was like...wow. I knew it was different than the standard burgundy. this explains it! it is indeed a different color, they didn't just change the name.

here are some pics, next to pair of vintage Florsheim shell longwing in burgundy

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads