• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with Thursday Boot Company ? Particularly with 'Diplomat' ..the poor mans Indy?

SSingh1975

Reaction score
I didn't really find much info other than dappered review so I ordered this last night...they have 100% return policy so worst case, I'll return it if I don't like it but wanted to know if anybody here owns this pair OR experience with TBC in general? Amazon reviews look really good, considering the price point.

I know boots are made in mexico but I really like Alden Indy 'homage' (probably the best one out there right now under $200 together with similar fit/contrast stitching/sole)...

My other option was Wolverine's Courtland but ton's of reviews indicate the sole starts coming apart in a short amount of time due to glued on. And these are still around $300 with taxes.

I actually stopped by Alden store in SF last weekend and checked out the Indy ...great boot but in my non-profession opinion, I think the boots are overpriced considering it's still a casual built boots (not sure if the 'Indy' factor hiked the prices). But the styling is just perfect hence I'm been on our prowl for other boots with similar styling albeit less quality but decent price. I do admit it was hard for me to leave the store without swiping my Amex card ;-).

I currently own Loakes Bufford and RW IR (I love these to death) but looking for something that's a little 'office friendly'. I like the RW Beckman ONLY in pictures as I did a test drive at my local RW store and the 'bubble' foot area is little too pronounced (more so than Iron ranger) so I crossed that off my 'Indy Alternatives' list.

Thanks!

Newberry

Reaction score
Did you end up liking the boots? I really like the looks of the Diplomat model, but I read to many mixed reviews.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads