• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any experience with menswear store? Please help.

hrv123

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Linkson Jack?

I made a purchase two weeks and received the automatically generated receipt, but have not had any further correspondence sent to me despite two attempts on my part to contact the owner. The full purchase price has been charged to my credit card, but I have not received a shipping confirmation, or anything for that matter, a two full weeks after the purchase was made.

Has anyone had any similar issues? I've tried emailing the owner by replying to the order confirmation order (as was suggested in the confirmation email) and have used the website's contact form, both without any luck.

It's come to the point that I'm considering cancelling the transaction through Paypal/my credit card company...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that Linkson Jackson is officially out of business. I deleted the other thread because it was hindering his job search attempts, and he and the OP has reconciled, and both asked that the thread be taken down. I have no interest in keeping a man from earning a living. I'll ask him to please address this ASAP.

Cheers,

Fok.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most of the ties are out of stock, and it's been that way for awhile.

Didn't he have a bunch of Cappelli when he first opened? I think that's why I had him bookmarked. Then that other thread happened ...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His site still seems live though:
http://linksonjack.com/
This literally means nothing. There are tens of thousands of "dead" stores on the internet, properties that persist long after a business has become defunct. I personally never buy anything from a webshop from which I have not purchased previously without first ascertaining that that store still exists. This goes triply for Classic Menswear stores, where it's harder to tell if the merchandise is current.

JACKLA

Reaction score
I am sorry that hrv123’s (creator of this thread) order took longer than expected to arrive. The reason for this is that the store shipped products untracked via post to keep prices competitive. Very occasionally, beyond my control, items got delayed in the post. With the benefit of hindsight, perhaps I could have done more to reassure hrv123 that the item would eventually show up. I can only assume that it did arrive since there was no follow up post here on the subject by hrv123, and neither did I receive a refund request. That notwithstanding, I am sorry that the store fell short of hrv123’s expectations.

I had always operated a generous policy of refunds and replacements. It is the only sensible way to operate a retail business.

I, however, got things badly wrong on one occasion when I had wrongly assumed that a lost item claim and a request for a refund was not genuine. That led to a well-publicised thread on this forum.

The facts surrounding that incident are:

1. The order got delayed in the post by 21 days! The customer is able to vouch for the date of postage.

2. The item eventually arrived a few days before the event for which it was ordered.

3. I had wrongly assumed the customer’s claim that the item ordered had not been received was not genuine for a number of reasons. I got annoyed with him, and tried to ward him off seeking a refund with a threat of exposing what I believed was a bogus claim.

4. I was wrong in that belief. He was not a typical customer, but he was not trying to cheat the store. I have since spoken with him at length. I think he is a decent person, and I have apologised to him. In addition to the tie he received that he had ordered, we agreed a refund to go some way towards remedying the upset I had caused him.

5. In light of the facts behind the incident and the misunderstanding that gave rise to it he has removed our email exchanges from this forum.

6. The store is now dormant and I will not be trading using my own name going forward. We all make mistakes and when we do, for those without an online store carrying their own name, mistakes get corrected privately without a personal name being the subject of an online discussion. I think I would like to have that opportunity, too. If I do return to online retail, one of the things I will do differently is operate a no-quibble refund policy and ship via a courier, using a tracking code. It will cost a little more, but will lead to better customer satisfaction.

We all hate to see an injustice done, especially when it appears that a business is being unfair to a customer. I therefore understand the support that has been expressed on this site for the customer. I would however like to assure you that this was a misunderstanding, rather than a case of malice, which I should have handled with greater patience. I have expressed sincere apologies to the person most affected and tried to remedy the upset I caused.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads