• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

wengxiah

Reaction score
He has just recently started finishing Argentum MTO:s and MTM:s, before it was mainly Argentum Prototypes, which you might confuse with test shoes?

As I understand it Antonio is very swamped with work ATM, with lots of e-mails and orders and at the same time several big batches that has to be made for Japanese stores. Let's just hope that he and the people in his workshop can keep up reasonably well, it's a bit of a danger growing too fast, we've seen it with Bestetti who have had long delivery times and long waiting times for e-mail responses.
my estimated delivery date from him is always next month... after 9 months of giving feedback about the test shoes

Punt

Reaction score
iKDJIm8.jpg

I am testing my trail shoes from Antonio now for a few days and I am really enjoying them. Third pair, so he had reference, but, as he created a new last/shape, based on an old Kiton last, we decide to still go for a test.

For a trail it fits great, no real adjustments yet, however would like to take a few more spins and see how much they will settle, but impressed so far... Don't like a snug fit, but they also don't slip at the heel at all, so happy.

I only have positive experience with Antonio, but all comes down to expectations, as with August out, what do you expect if you order in June? Quality takes time.... I got mine two months, including shipping to South Africa, after all details provided.

Now, it is testing and waiting until he starts working on the real deal!

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting a few months for my final aurum pair, but Antonio has always done excellent work and never failed to e-mail with an update. So I just presume that they are very busy and leave them be. Four shoes in at this point I've never received anything but excellent work.

Edit: Antonio reads minds. Just got a work in progress picture of my shoes. Still waiting the final stage of finishing and polishing. I had requested a Fukuda style toe to make an office shoe more interesting and very happy with how it turned out. Also very jealous of whoever those Jodphurs are going to.

Last edited:

Punt

Reaction score
I believe Antonio is doing what he should do; keeping quality as 1st priority.

I am a happy customer and am sure Antonio is hard working, honest, passionate guy!! Keep calm and keep looking at his Instagram hahaha

DCFO

Reaction score
I think the toe shape is personal preference. I see this as classic round toe, which is not ugly at all.

For my pair of test shoes also got noticed yesterday is on a more elongated last though. I love it!

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received a email of good news! Test shoes was finished.

Do you guys think the toe shape is a little too round? Or just because of the lighting?
Those are the best faux laces I have seen.

I personally really like the shape, but that is something that is personal preference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads