• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy **** those are pretty...

I know, and I have always thought of all the Decurion it got to be either 2 or 3 (and probably 3), always thought 1 looked a bit front heavy, guess somehow this angle doesn't show that, making my choice complicated...

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
this is what he shows on Lontra though (a bit too much green for my taste), edit not green, just too much contrast

I actually also like the coffee - pearl grey mix. It’s very similar to the brown variant of Berluti “ice brown”.

Interestingly, Berluti ice brown colour also seems to have a greener (like on some of their bags) and a browner version (like on their dress shoes).

C3C1A7E0-D975-4327-86FE-9D639DBF25FA.png

evangel21

Reaction score
I asked Antonio about that Decurion color and he said it is greyish brown whereas Lontra is an olive brown.
Wasn't so sure if Lontra would turn out too greenish in real life for my liking. The grayish brown is a safer bet for sure.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I asked Antonio about that Decurion color and he said it is greyish brown whereas Lontra is an olive brown.
Wasn't so sure if Lontra would turn out too greenish in real life for my liking. The grayish brown is a safer bet for sure.

yup this grey ish brown definitely looks good, the Lontra reminds me a bit too much Forest and Son bleached black (but brown in this case)

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one way to solve this dilemma...

I head for Naples.

evangel21

Reaction score
Only one way to solve this dilemma...

I head for Naples.

a destination I have on my to-go list. now it is to convince the wife that Naples is worth a trip for other reasons.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a destination I have on my to-go list. now it is to convince the wife that Naples is worth a trip for other reasons.
I was in Rome for 10 days last year.
I regret not taking the train down there for a day or two.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GMTO...? no that's too many shoes...

So eating my own word, how about GMTO in the color below...

I remember the old rule is 12 people to get maximum saving, not sure about model, but definitely oxford or whole cut

1594159884275.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads