• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That definitely would have earned me less time in the "hole" (i.e. the couch), and would have been eligible for parole (i.e. conjugal visits) much sooner. ??
I can imagine it now...

Random SF poster: "I got these beauties on ebay from some guy for 10 bucks. I doubt he knew what he had, probably stolen"

??

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received one of those advertisement emails from the retailer Kirby Allison. I do not I believe I had purchased anything from them in like yearsssss. Saying that, I still like to receive emails so I am up to date with shoe care and clothing care accessories.

Is it me or are the items sold by him expensive?

I say that because A Fine Pair of Shoes (whom I use for my shoe care needs) has items for half the cost. Now some may say that you pay extra for shipping from another country, but with the additional cost of shipment it would still be more inexpensive. When you factor in purchasing multiple items, that subtle price difference adds up.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of the UK sites have a better price.

A Fine Pair of Shoes, Robinson, Pediwear. and the shipping is also very reasonable, see no reason to buy them from Kirby...

I also use BootBlack. there's a Germany? store (https://shoeshine-shop.com) sells them, ordered once and very happy (free shipping is provided for 300+, which is stupid tho...) But they do carry the high end brush that you should use @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes :cool:

1590780308698.png

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of the UK sites have a better price.

A Fine Pair of Shoes, Robinson, Pediwear. and the shipping is also very reasonable, see no reason to buy them from Kirby...

I also use BootBlack. there's a Germany? store (https://shoeshine-shop.com) sells them, ordered once and very happy (free shipping is provided for 300+, which is stupid tho...) But they do carry the high end brush that you should use @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes :cool:

Yes those other sites are great and cheaper as well! I definitely know the German store.

As for the brushes, even for my Meccariello shoe throwing ass, that is too rich for my blood.
I would like to find someone in a back alley that has a selection of those unicorn brushes for sale though.

Even better if he/she displays them within their trench coat. One side of the coat, light haired brushes, and the other side dark haired brushes.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes those other sites are great and cheaper as well! I definitely know the German store.

As for the brushes, even for my Meccariello shoe throwing ass, that is too rich for my blood.
I would like to find someone in a back alley that has a selection of those unicorn brushes for sale though.

Even better if he/she displays them within their trench coat. One side of the coat, light haired brushes, and the other side dark haired brushes.
How about I trade you one of the classic, high-end, royal blood BootBlack brush for a pair of your Aurum?:)

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on brushs for calf and cordovan?

In all seriousness, I personally don't find a big difference between these brushes (I don't own the royal blood ones, but I DMed many ppl on Ins and they all told me it's not much different from the regular ones)

I guess as long as long you have a set of Bristle/ Goat hair/ horse hair brush, maybe a couple ones for different color it should work

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I personally don't find a big difference between these brushes (I don't own the royal blood ones, but I DMed many ppl on Ins and they all told me it's not much different from the regular ones)

I guess as long as long you have a set of Bristle/ Goat hair/ horse hair brush, maybe a couple ones for different color it should work

I agree. 5 brushes (2 Horse, 2 Pig Bristle, 1 Goat) is all you need. Not sure if it was this thread I mentioned it, but my misses' panty hose comes in handy for that sharp finish. That would cost you about $5 or so dollars. After discounts, I think $60 seems reasonable for all.

Where you would spend is on creams and waxes provided you picked up several colors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads