• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Phoenician

Reaction score
I received one of those advertisement emails from the retailer Kirby Allison. I do not I believe I had purchased anything from them in like yearsssss. Saying that, I still like to receive emails so I am up to date with shoe care and clothing care accessories.

Is it me or are the items sold by him expensive?

I say that because A Fine Pair of Shoes (whom I use for my shoe care needs) has items for half the cost. Now some may say that you pay extra for shipping from another country, but with the additional cost of shipment it would still be more inexpensive. When you factor in purchasing multiple items, that subtle price difference adds up.

just ordered a box full of shoe care crap from Herring in the UK. Most of it was Saphir and they ship Saphir for free internationally. One hell of a deal when you compare it to what it would cost in the US

Phoenician

Reaction score
Never purchased AM shoes before, but love the looks of these they did for Yeossal. Looks like about $800 US. Any input if these are ‘worth’ it in comparison to other AM shoes of this type? Trying to gauge if Yeossal has put a hype surcharge on these or is this in the ballpark of what they should be
thanks
82337427-FB02-4421-947C-FCECB4E17772.jpeg
for any input

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought yeossal already clear out all their stock, all these the HW line?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just ordered a box full of shoe care crap from Herring in the UK. Most of it was Saphir and they ship Saphir for free internationally. One hell of a deal when you compare it to what it would cost in the US

I love Herring. I get my slippers from them!

I know @LThomsen was looking for brushes. Good opportunity to grab a few whilst Saphir stuff ships free.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never purchased AM shoes before, but love the looks of these they did for Yeossal. Looks like about $800 US. Any input if these are ‘worth’ it in comparison to other AM shoes of this type? Trying to gauge if Yeossal has put a hype surcharge on these or is this in the ballpark of what they should be
thanks View attachment 1397677 for any input

Incidentally, if you do decide to take the plunge, which you should, make sure you get some sizing advice the fellas on the thread. Shipping fees back their way is not for the faint of heart.

Phoenician

Reaction score
Incidentally, if you do decide to take the plunge, which you should, make sure you get some sizing advice the fellas on the thread. Shipping fees back their way is not for the faint of heart.
Appreciate the advice! I looked again and that boot is sold out in all sizes. It wasn’t showing sold in my size but it appears it may be after all. I’ll take a look at the other styles they make

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Appreciate the advice! I looked again and that boot is sold out in all sizes. It wasn’t showing sold in my size but it appears it may be after all. I’ll take a look at the other styles they make

I think Yeossal has stopped/ will stop carrying AM shoes after the current stock is sold out. FYI they should be Argentum welted not hand-welted despite they come with wood box and lasted trees.

Just saw some interesting comparison videos on YouTube today. Author of the videos seemed to have purchased his AM from Yeossal as well (and also mistakenly thought they were hand-welted).

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably worth follow up with him
Likewise, mine has taken more than 18 months I believe, most due to the fitting of 2 pairs of test shoes...

Yes, I'll probably touch base with him in the beginning of next week. I figured his hesitation in quoting me 10 to 12 months would have been closer to 15 to 18 months. Additionally due to the difficulty of the shoes, I expect them to be completed when they are completed.
If it were my first pair, I would have been going nuts. Considering this is pair 8 or 9, I am like mehh.

For all in the know, there is also the Italian factor. Whatever they quote you in terms of completion time, you take that number and multiply that number by 1.5.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics