• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I knew it ! but I was checking then as well, they were still excluded, whoever their retailer partner is seem like is enforcing

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are people having their AM's resoled in the US ? I am aware of Kirby Alison and Bedos leather works.

interesting to know as well, though I have toetap and rubber install at AM, so not expecting needing resole any time soon, maybe the only thing is I would need the heel to be refurbished... (right now thinking of Nelson or leather spa, NYC wise)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you compare AM with G&G in term son comfort, quality, and aesthetics?

for me, infinitely better in AM vs. GG, but that's probably because I have high ish instep and also need more room in toebox (for example I can only wear MH71 in GG, not DG70, not TG73 in 9E UK, I can't up size, too long, up width is stupid expensive in GG so never bothered)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... But what are you guys thoughts on Sons of Henrey and Cavour house brand shoes? I saw a nice pair of Cavour suede chukkas for USD $100

Do not know much about Cavour's shoes nor who makes them, but I would guess Spanish. Probably within the same region of anyone who utilizes Spanish factory shoes. As @clee1982 mentioned, for the price it is easy to try them out.

As for SoH, I consider them the best value of any shoe sub $500. The design of the shoes, leather quality, company's transparency, construction (GYW), and customer service. Their George SpTD (which I own) is phenomenal. To me, it is the best SpTD in their market segment.

andreasky

Reaction score
for me, infinitely better in AM vs. GG, but that's probably because I have high ish instep and also need more room in toebox (for example I can only wear MH71 in GG, not DG70, not TG73 in 9E UK, I can't up size, too long, up width is stupid expensive in GG so never bothered)

Do you mean AM Argetum, Argentum HW, or Aurum?

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Do not know much about Cavour's shoes nor who makes them, but I would guess Spanish. Probably within the same region of anyone who utilizes Spanish factory shoes. As @clee1982 mentioned, for the price it is easy to try them out.

As for SoH, I consider them the best value of any shoe sub $500. The design of the shoes, leather quality, company's transparency, construction (GYW), and customer service. Their George SpTD (which I own) is phenomenal. To me, it is the best SpTD in their market segment.

Despite having no experience with SoH, I recommended my older brother to purchase their suede split toe derby during their Black Friday sales. My brother although having no experience with high quality shoes, took my recommendation and placed the order and was quite excited to finally own a "quality shoe" based on my advice. A few days later SoH dropped him an email saying that they got their inventory numbers wrong and had to cancel his order as they had no more shoes in his size. Due to the cancellation and the credit card refund/charges, my brother was down by about USD $15 to $20. A lot of inconvenience + loss of $ did not leave a good first impression for him. I doubt he would take anymore recommendations from me in the future...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite having no experience with SoH, I recommended my older brother to purchase their suede split toe derby during their Black Friday sales. My brother although having no experience with high quality shoes, took my recommendation and placed the order and was quite excited to finally own a "quality shoe" based on my advice. A few days later SoH dropped him an email saying that they got their inventory numbers wrong and had to cancel his order as they had no more shoes in his size. Due to the cancellation and the credit card refund/charges, my brother was down by about USD $15 to $20. A lot of inconvenience + loss of $ did not leave a good first impression for him. I doubt he would take anymore recommendations from me in the future...

That is extremely disappointing and surprising. More so, when I have dealt with Tom (Brone) via email, and on SF with positive results. Normally others who have also interacted with him had also experienced responsive and courteous service.

Considering the aggravation and end result, I can't blame you for taking your business elsewhere like your brother is going to do.

I would think it only fair and to encourage another transaction for SoH to offer your brother a credit to be used towards his next purchase. Provided of course, your brother would be willing to offer them a second chance at redemption.

Last edited:

winghus

Reaction score
I would never have recommended to someone having zero experience with quality shoes to buy online, much less a small company still in the startup throes. The mixup you described isn't something unusual for a small online startup.

Meyboom

Reaction score
I also have a high instep. How do you size your AMs compared to other makers like EB or St C?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads