• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

mdjd

Reaction score
Boys, my first pair is finally done and on the way!
Just wanted to share some preliminary photos that Antonio sent me. I was anxious about how the colours would turn out and spent some time agonizing over this and emphasizing to Antonio the exact shade I was looking for, with references. If the photos are accurate, I think he nailed it as I was going for this dark wine (borderline burgundy) look. Praying that it fits me well and can serve as a great benchmark for future orders.

Will share more when it arrives. Very excited!

View attachment 1816048
View attachment 1816050 View attachment 1816049
Beautiful patina and makeup! Can you share the details? I'm also trying to figure out my first order, and I love the style and color.

mdjd

Reaction score
A better picture. It does look like cherry, but I didn’t pay the additional 50 euro for the patina & I don’t mind it being different to my Margaux gg. So a win win.

it looks almost like a Alfred sareget 724 cherry View attachment 1778762
These are fabulous! Very cherry moore-ish. Is that the soft square in cherry? I'm looking for something similar. Thanks!

ajay199127

Reaction score
It’s on the c4 last, I ordered wine, but I think he made a mistake and gave me cherry. A good mistake since my gg Margaux is wine enough.
4AF80024-6753-4B6D-AA52-4D290BD57402.jpeg
04E0ABC8-9152-40C2-B2A4-43B7A1DD1DD3.jpeg
BCFB7516-9C89-4F43-8990-ED1E90C12DA7.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
AM shoes look and feel robust
YF shoes look and feel sleek

I have to add that YF’s chisel last fits my feet rather well, even more so than AM Chisel 2/3/4.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Did you do any last modification on either or strict last as it is?

YF doesn’t do last modification. I tried on his sizing pairs at The Armoury to confirm the fit.

As I was ordering a pair of double monk (Chapel style) at the same time, he was kind enough to adjust the instep for me, also on this pair. Guess it was adjusted at the lasting step.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

For the Roma Principes 3 on the Chisel 4, how have you sized? I usually wear UK 8 and on the Soft Square Hastatus II I took 8.5.

Does it fit similarly? Can anyone recommend on the overall quality?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello!

For the Roma Principes 3 on the Chisel 4, how have you sized? I usually wear UK 8 and on the Soft Square Hastatus II I took 8.5.

Chisel 4 runs longer than Soft Square and slightly longer than Chisel 2. It's got a slightly lower instep. I am between sizes on soft square and could use a 9.75 instead of a 9.5, Chisel 3 and 4 in 9.5 work well for me.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Hello!

Roma is 180 degrees hand-welted with nailed waist.

You plan to get a pair to dissemble them and remake them into fully handwelted?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads