• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

unprocessed

Reaction score
Reached out to their customer service, hoping they can work some magic to lighten up the darker shoe. Such a disappointment since the tan shoe is exactly what I was looking for and the shoes are gorgeous. If anyone else has any thoughts on whether it’s possible to lighten up the darker shoe (and how?) or if I should return.

Is the discrepancy in color a rarity for AMs? It was a very unpleasant surprise. Some more pics attached.

Attachments

• EAA4784C-C2B8-4CE2-A8FC-0D725A775FF0.jpeg
    EAA4784C-C2B8-4CE2-A8FC-0D725A775FF0.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 13B610B8-D486-46D4-9010-ABC0EB6C0A73.jpeg
    13B610B8-D486-46D4-9010-ABC0EB6C0A73.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 129

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had similar experience.
My friend bought a pair of gg in Indonesia and one shoe is significantly darker than the other, I tried to use a darker cream on the lighter one, it improves but still not matching. If I were you, I would return it.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reached out to their customer service, hoping they can work some magic to lighten up the darker shoe. Such a disappointment since the tan shoe is exactly what I was looking for and the shoes are gorgeous. If anyone else has any thoughts on whether it’s possible to lighten up the darker shoe (and how?) or if I should return.

Is the discrepancy in color a rarity for AMs? It was a very unpleasant surprise. Some more pics attached.

It sounds like it was an unintentional oversight with quality control (last minute double check before shipment). There are usually subtle color variations, but not to this extent. I would definitely send them back because that level of lightening will require some stripping of that burnishing. Let them handle the magic required on those shoes so agree with @Encore

I agree with you, that is a beautiful Tan.

unprocessed

Reaction score
It sounds like it was an unintentional oversight with quality control (last minute double check before shipment). There are usually subtle color variations, but not to this extent. I would definitely send them back because that level of lightening will require some stripping of that burnishing. Let them handle the magic required on those shoes.

I agree with you, that is a beautiful Tan.

Practically on the verge of tears because it’s the perfect tan and love the balmoral on the Chisel 2. Ugh.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Perhaps all hope is not lost. They may be able to do something about them.

Glad for their reputation of having great customer service and imagine getting a refund won’t be any issue. Figure they’ll have to do something to fix the color mismatch to resell them so fingers crossed they can salvage these and ship them back to me!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad for their reputation of having great customer service and imagine getting a refund won’t be any issue. Figure they’ll have to do something to fix the color mismatch to resell them so fingers crossed they can salvage these and ship them back to me!

With their reputation and your pictures, no question you will receive a refund. The rare instances though that the refund would be counterproductive. Hopefully, they can come through for you. Keep us updated ?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally feel the difference is too big for full retail price...a bit of a shoddy job if you ask me

ryanluo23

Reaction score

Have you reached out to Angela? - Good luck - 'any returns' is up to their discretion and from my experience unless there is a fault in the construction (i.e. shoe is falling apart) you might be liable for the postage.

She good and thorough with her sizing advice but returns policy are strictly one-sided

unprocessed

Reaction score
Have you reached out to Angela? - Good luck - 'any returns' is up to their discretion and from my experience unless there is a fault in the construction (i.e. shoe is falling apart) you might be liable for the postage.

She good and thorough with her sizing advice but returns policy are strictly one-sided

I purchased from Yeossal, not AM. By all accounts they have awesome customer service and a no questions asked return policy as long as the shoes are unworn.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing for AM double monks? Do they fit looser than the AM oxford equivalent or does AM work some magic to make them fit a little tighter?

demian

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of Dalveys from Yeossal. While the shoes are really beautiful, each shoe is a noticeably different color and the it’s even more noticeable in person. It’s a bummer since I like the lighter tan color on the left and don’t have enough confidence to make the colors the same through polishing.
Any suggestions on what to do with these? Leaning towards returning but would like to make them work.
Hello ,
you can try this:

Do you have some White Surphine saphire at home?

Using a fabric ,friction with pressure on the right shoe,until you get the ligher you wish ,

You can just do a test in a small part of the shoes ,but it will remove the darker patina ,that seems to be not in deep on the leather ,this could e very easy to do ,but you should test before .

Probably the store had 2 pairs in the same size and mixed on the boxes the shoes ,maybe during a fitting try by a client.

remember to do some pressure to get the result to remove the darker cream from the right shoe

,and if it works good, but not come very light ,
you could darker a little the left shoe with brown cream.

Good luck :cheers: .

unprocessed

Reaction score
Hello ,
you can try this:

Do you have some White Surphine saphire at home?

Using a fabric ,friction with pressure on the right shoe,until you get the ligher you wish ,

You can just do a test in a small part of the shoes ,but it will remove the darker patina ,that seems to be not in deep on the leather ,this could e very easy to do ,but you should test before .

Probably the store had 2 pairs in the same size and mixed on the boxes the shoes ,maybe during a fitting try by a client.

remember to do some pressure to get the result to remove the darker cream from the right shoe

,and if it works good, but not come very light ,
you could darker a little the left shoe with brown cream.

Good luck :cheers: .
I think the shoes might be burnished, so it may be very hard to lighten the color?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads