• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ankle boots.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should a man own a nice pair of ankle boots? If so, why?

Thanks

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Because there's only one answer to the question, "what's sexier, leather or sock?"

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own ankle boots in black by Lobb, in brown by Zegna Fatte a Mano and they are my prefered footwear with jeans. Women have complimented as the look is a nice balance between a confident, rugged look yet still refined.

Highly recommended and preferred.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like ankle boots, and wear them with suits.

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I'll second the compliments aspect. They'll set you apart, but not in some garish attention-whore sort of way.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course. They can look sleek and elegant (and different without being showy).

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own only one pair of chelsea boots and I'm surprised by how often I wear them (it seems like 3 times a week). They've become go-to shoes and now I need more.

Durden

Reaction score
i love anything like these: click! its just that the colour of them makes them a little more casual. i also think some of the D&G and Dsquared boots look good

Durden

Reaction score
you inspired me to a very cool nickname

actually i am the (wait for it)

Shoogyman

it wasnt that funny after i typed it

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My $.02 (and that's about all it's worth):

Chukkas? Yes, love 'em! Chelseas? Yes, but I've never owned any. Jodpurs, maybe. Others, perhaps, but probably not. I know that some of the shoe mavens of these fora do like ankle-high lace-ups with "dress shoe" styling and construction, but they're not my taste. Such footgear impressed me as "retro" and "old-mannish" back when I first began to take an interest in such matters about 50 years ago, and I've never seen fit to change my opinion in the passage of a half-century.

Ankle-high laceup boots are fine in the role of outdoor boots or work boots, of course.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.